Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Editor For Mac
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusicmanLV

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Kronos Editor For Mac Reply with quote

I cannot understand and Korg are not alone in this, why they produce patch scripts for Cubase and various others, but not for Logic which is the most popular and most used globally.

Who can we speak to to get this resolved Wink
Musicola Limited
KORG KRONOS X 88,M1REX,WAVESTATION,MS20 MINI,KROME,KING-KORG, KORG SV1 MOOG VOYAGER, PROPHET 12,VOLCA SERIES,KURZWEIL PC3K6,ROLAND JUPITER 80,DD550,MKS70,YAMAHA TX802, ROLAND TR8, ROLAND TB3
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Editor For Mac Reply with quote

MusicmanLV wrote:
I cannot understand and Korg are not alone in this, why they produce patch scripts for Cubase and various others, but not for Logic which is the most popular and most used globally.

You're in the wrong section for Kronos questions. (But I wasn't aware that Kronos had any specific Cubase support...)
MusicmanLV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they do, it's in the Kronos editing software
Musicola Limited
KORG KRONOS X 88,M1REX,WAVESTATION,MS20 MINI,KROME,KING-KORG, KORG SV1 MOOG VOYAGER, PROPHET 12,VOLCA SERIES,KURZWEIL PC3K6,ROLAND JUPITER 80,DD550,MKS70,YAMAHA TX802, ROLAND TR8, ROLAND TB3
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think plugin editors mostly make patch scripts obsolete anyway, these days, when they provide total recall functionality.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Editor For Mac Reply with quote

MusicmanLV wrote:

Note sure about which is the most popular/most used, but the folks to speak with are Apple. Logic does not support *any* patch list format, AFAIK; names are stored in Environment objects, and the only way to get them there is to copy them in manually. This is particularly ironic considering that Apple was, with Core MIDI, one of the first to implement the standard XML-based middev and midnam device and patch list formats. Midnam files are supported by several third-party applications (Pro Tools, Digital Performer, Ardour, perhaps others) but not by Apple's own Logic.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Editor For Mac Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
MusicmanLV wrote:

Note sure about which is the most popular/most used, but the folks to speak with are Apple. Logic does not support *any* patch list format, AFAIK; names are stored in Environment objects, and the only way to get them there is to copy them in manually. This is particularly ironic considering that Apple was, with Core MIDI, one of the first to implement the standard XML-based middev and midnam device and patch list formats. Midnam files are supported by several third-party applications (Pro Tools, Digital Performer, Ardour, perhaps others) but not by Apple's own Logic.

OF course those environment objects have been around since before Apple owned Logic - getting pretty old and needing updating.
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have nor use Logic, but perhaps someone could make such an Environment with the PRELOAD_V2 data and send that to Sharp for inclusion in the database of documents for the Kronos ?

In fact, I would even suggest to Korg themselves that, with the factory data, it would be good to supply environments, nidnams, patch lists... for all the main sequencers, i.e. Logic, Cubase, Sonar, Digital Performer and Pro Tools.

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois wrote:
I don't have nor use Logic, but perhaps someone could make such an Environment with the PRELOAD_V2 data and send that to Sharp for inclusion in the database of documents for the Kronos ?

In fact, I would even suggest to Korg themselves that, with the factory data, it would be good to supply environments, nidnams, patch lists... for all the main sequencers, i.e. Logic, Cubase, Sonar, Digital Performer and Pro Tools.

I have an environment for Logic. It is a lot of work to create. Keeping up with banks that are changed can make it worse. But, it is possible.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois wrote:

We can certainly do so for all except Logic; I would use the Editor to generate them. Since the Editor generates these, users with third-party banks and/or custom sounds can make their own as well.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a few PMs on this so I thought I would just continue here. I wrote a little utility that will take the XML from the Kronos Editor and give me what I need to paste into the Logic environment.

Then the trick is to either have a template that uses that environment, or import it into projects as you need it. So if you have to do it by hand, the real busy work is a one time deal.
jkramer5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interested in this.
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkramer5 wrote:
Very interested in this.

Seems a few othere were too. I got a bunch of messages.
I made a little video of how it works and slapped it on my
channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jftI5GFR0i0&feature=youtu.be
neomad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thank you Smile
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed_f thanks!
nambuco67

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Ed_f thanks!

+1 !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: