Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA-600 Do not read PENDRIVE (usb fail)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elissandre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: PA-600 Do not read PENDRIVE (usb fail) Reply with quote

I bought a new PA-600 two months ago, and its usb was ok. But suddenly the usb is not working correctly any more. I tried different types of pendrives but the keyboard doesnt show the mesage on the screen showing that a device has been conected. Sometimes when I turn on my keyboard with the pendrive inserted it works, but if I remove it and try again it stops working again. I cant install new styles if the usb fails. Is this a malfunction of the keyboard or a bug?
shahen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elissandre

i'm not aware of your problem cause(s) but it could be a hardware issue,(i'm thinking may be the soldering points of the USB adapter had failed). however for now you can enjoy using your PA600 capabilities by connecting it to your PC through USB cable (the adapter next to the one where you insert the thumb drive). transfer your resources to the keyboard storage and they'll be ready for your use,

NOTE: you need to enable accessing PA600 internal storage part before doing the above, otherwise the PC will see PA600 as a MIDI device only.

check the REFERENCE MANUAL page 171, Media Mode/ USB.

hope this is helpful

Regards
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: PA-600 Do not read PENDRIVE (usb fail) Reply with quote

Elissandre wrote:
I bought a new PA-600 two months ago, and its usb was ok. But suddenly the usb is not working correctly any more. I tried different types of pendrives but the keyboard doesnt show the mesage on the screen showing that a device has been conected. Sometimes when I turn on my keyboard with the pendrive inserted it works, but if I remove it and try again it stops working again. I cant install new styles if the usb fails. Is this a malfunction of the keyboard or a bug?

Sounds like you may have damaged the USB connector.

Until you get your thumbdrive port working, you can hook up your PA600 with a USB cable to your computer and move files directly to the RAM memory. Hook up your cable and then go to MEDIA > USB and press ENABLE

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is it's still under warranty. Get 'er in.
saharhlb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: PA-600 Do not read PENDRIVE (usb fail) Reply with quote

[quote="Elissandre"]I bought a new PA-600 two months ago, and its usb was ok. But suddenly the usb is not working correctly any more. I tried different types of pendrives but the keyboard doesnt show the mesage on the screen showing that a device has been conected. Sometimes when I turn on my keyboard with the pendrive inserted it works, but if I remove it and try again it stops working again. I cant install new styles if the usb fails. Is this a malfunction of the keyboard or a bug?[/quote]

I had the same issue with my PA500... I kept trying different SD cards that are less the 2 GB, one is working perfectly now without any problem.
mcabdalla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Korg PA600 USB Reply with quote

Most of korg PA600's have this issue. I have the same problem and couple of my friends also have the same problem. I regret purchasing Korg keyboard. for several reasons. one of them is the poor customer service that they have you will never get someone that will answer you question directly. their repair shops are not everywhere. for example; if I want to send repair shop I have to drive one hour and 45 minutes and it will take 4 weeks. I am suggesting you to throw it away and never purchase a keyboard from korg. I have another keyboard from yamaha you can't believe how helpful they are. I ordered a LCD screen and they helped me install through phone. how neat is that. Korg sucks I am really disappointed with them. and I will recommend everyone that I know to stop buying from them.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg PA600 USB Reply with quote

mcabdalla wrote:
Most of korg PA600's have this issue. I have the same problem and couple of my friends also have the same problem.

Sorry but you way wrong.
Maybe few your friends has a problem, but most people don't!
You have to make sure your USB drive is format to FAT16 or FAT32, NTSF, ExFAT, HFS or HFS+ is not supported.
Sorry to hear you disappointing with Korg, but remember you not only one who has Korg PA600 and most people are Happy users.
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
BenderShowman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Showing the USB drive in Song Play Mode Reply with quote

I see more than one complaint about the USB drive not being accessible.

I had this same problem on both of my PA600 keyboards. I would tap the disk dropdown and sometimes it would show my USB drive, but most of the time it says, Please Wait... for a fraction of a second, and does nothing else.

Then I discovered that if I touch the disk so that it is highlighted, then roll the value selector, I can get to my USB drive every time.

I view the fact that it does not consistently show the list of available drives when the dropdown arrow is pressed as a bug, but at least now you have a reliable work-around.

I hope that helps you.
commonc

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: pa600 USB Issue Reply with quote

If you're having issues getting the PA600 to recognize your flash drive, plug a USB hub into the keyboard and then insert the flash drive. It solved the problem for me.
maintech

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Usb port failure Reply with quote

I too had that happen. I purchased a used PA 600 from Long & Mcquade's rental desk in Toronto, & found the port was not securely attached to the keyboard frame. It was promptly repaired by them under warranty and has worked fine since. Apparently, according to their rental department, most of the Usb sockets on the early models have displayed problems.
Tralfazy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dec 31 2019.. This bug still exists where the USB drive is not working in a brand new PA300 that arrived yesterday. Using the trick suggested by BenderShowman, rolling the 'value' knob while holding down the button that says 'DISK' caused the USB drive and all of it's contents to suddenly show up. No fix from Korg in over 3 years?

BenderShowman wrote:
I see more than one complaint about the USB drive not being accessible.

I had this same problem on both of my PA600 keyboards. I would tap the disk dropdown and sometimes it would show my USB drive, but most of the time it says, Please Wait... for a fraction of a second, and does nothing else.

Then I discovered that if I touch the disk so that it is highlighted, then roll the value selector, I can get to my USB drive every time.

I view the fact that it does not consistently show the list of available drives when the dropdown arrow is pressed as a bug, but at least now you have a reliable work-around.

I hope that helps you.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tralfazy wrote:
Dec 31 2019.. This bug still exists where the USB drive is not working in a brand new PA300 that arrived yesterday. Using the trick suggested by BenderShowman, rolling the 'value' knob while holding down the button that says 'DISK' caused the USB drive and all of it's contents to suddenly show up. No fix from Korg in over 3 years?

can you tell more details, what kink of USB drive you tried to use, manufacturer ? model, size ? how is formatted ? and what kin of file you want to access on Korg?
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
sunil8089

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Tralfazy wrote:

can you tell more details, what kink of USB drive you tried to use, manufacturer ? model, size ? how is formatted ? and what kin of file you want to access on Korg?

To access an USB drive in Korg instruments (don't know about higher/latest versions), the USB drive should be formatted as FAT32.

Most of the USB drives used in Windows 7/10 is formatted as NTFS. The keyboard detect the USB drive, but cant access the data. Thereby backup the data and reformat the USB device as FAT32 in a computer. Then use the USB device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: