Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why some keys need to "warm up" longer then others

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porteous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Why some keys need to "warm up" longer then others Reply with quote

After I turn on my SV-1 76, there are about 12 keys that will not sound. The key feels OK, but there is no sound output nor MIDI output. If I wait a while (5-10 minutes) the other keys gradually come back to life. Sometimes it takes almost 30 minutes for a particular key to come back to life. I can't for the life of me figure out why.. The keyboard is not being moved or even played as it is warming up. Has anyone else experience this phenomenon?
oy5t3h

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a dodgy connection somewhere - either a connector that's not seated properly, or a broken trace on a circuit board. A little bit of heat then makes something swell enough to help make the connection.

If it's in warranty, I'd definitely return it to be fixed.
WayneReadhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=64561&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=keys+working

Check this post. You say you don't move your sv1 around so maybe not the answer but this certainly works if you want to be up and running straightaway rather than waiting around.

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: