Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OSAM 2014
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lguelpa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: OSAM 2014 Reply with quote

Good Day

Will there be a OSAM 2014 and what is required to sign up?

Thanks
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else interested? I don't mind to admin it if needs be.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
danmacgregor1985

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I would love to take part for 2014
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so the idea is that by signing up you are obligated to produce a song or other recording and post it here once a month for the next 12 months (January to December 2014).

It doesn't necessarily have to be finished, it could be a WIP. It doesn't have to be strictly a 'song', it could be really experimental. It doesn't even have to be using Korg instruments or anything.

In addition, you will also have to listen to all of the submissions from the other members and provide constructive feedback, thoughts, ideas, etc.

So the idea is that everyone reviews everyone else's recording and we all feel better about life, we get motivation to make new material, practise working to a deadline, etc, etc.

Just post here in this thread if you'd like to be involved for next year.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro

Last edited by X-Trade on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
danmacgregor1985

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely in!
Lguelpa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I'm in, its a nice challenge and opportunity to get to hear what fellow musicians think.
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can it be instrumental (you wouldn't like my singing Smile )
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ojustaboo wrote:
Can it be instrumental (you wouldn't like my singing Smile )

X-Trade wrote:
It doesn't necessarily have to be finished, it could be a WIP. It doesn't have to be strictly a 'song', it could be really experimental. It doesn't even have to be using Korg instruments or anything.

channel0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: define song please Reply with quote

some of us just love to noodle on our gear, and be perfectly happy with that.
so it looks like an attractive challenge to try to produce a song out of that gear.

but what is a song? we already know it doesn't HAVE to be finished.
but what are the minimal requirements for a (combination of) musical line(s) to be regarded and valued as a song?

i'd love to join the challenge very much, but i'm still dipping my toes in using the gear in itself.

if it's all about giving/recieving friendly feedback, i'm all in Very Happy
Tascam US-144 Mk II, Alesis iO4
System : Win 8.1/Ubuntu Linux; i5-3470 quad core cpu@3.2 Ghz; 8Gb Ram
DAW : Presonus Studio One Free, Cubase 5.1
danmacgregor1985

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have iOS apps. So all my tracks will be made on my iPhone or iPad
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine.

I'd say that it's basically a 'work', 'piece', 'composition', or 'recording'. We try to keep it lose as you may want to work on spoken word, even for example if you're trying to work on your mixing and mastering skills, that's fine.

But I think loops and one-shot samples are off the table, as well as most sound design efforts. We're talking about completed works and not tools for making other works. I know the distinction can be a little blurry but we have to draw the line somewhere.

It's not a competition either hence the rather undefined rules. The main idea is that you have a platform where you can get guaranteed constructive feedback, and in return you provide feedback and listen to everyone else's submissions.

I think anything over a minute will be fine but I'm sure there could be exceptions too.

Video work isn't entirely out of the question either as long as it's mainly about the music.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in!

This'll be good motivation for me to stay composing throughout the year
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. I'm going to focus on mixing and mastering this year... mainly based on Mike Senior's 'Mix Rescue' articles from Sound on Sound. I'll provide links to his stuff with each submission.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're all in for this then I'll start on the checklist.

Let me know if you change your mind. I'll be PMing to chase up on anyone who's missing deadlines.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone finds themselves in a creative rut feel free to ask me for some beats, samples, MIDI loops or whathaveyou. I've amassed quite a bit of stuff over the years and am itching to get rid of some of it. I also delete anything I use or give away so I never use the same sound twice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: