Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Pa800 wont start, don't know why???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moheb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: My Pa800 wont start, don't know why??? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I tried to turn on my Korg pa800 and all I get is a black screen...Usually when you power on the korg pa800 it brings up the korg pa800 screen and it shows the bar loading but all I am getting is a black screen. What can it be?? I called the korg office but they weren't sure...Prior to my keyboard not turning on, my screen would say "Error: OTP is corrupt." what does that stand for? I have a event coming up, but I am stuck on what to do...can someone HELP PLZ...
pcguy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: My Pa800 wont start, don't know why??? Reply with quote

Moheb wrote:
Hi everyone,

I tried to turn on my Korg pa800 and all I get is a black screen...Usually when you power on the korg pa800 it brings up the korg pa800 screen and it shows the bar loading but all I am getting is a black screen. What can it be?? I called the korg office but they weren't sure...Prior to my keyboard not turning on, my screen would say "Error: OTP is corrupt." what does that stand for? I have a event coming up, but I am stuck on what to do...can someone HELP PLZ...

This might not be applicable to this problem at all, but i'll throw it out anyways. On a yamaya forum a while ago, i read that someone had similar experience after loading a corrupted file that he downloaded from the internet. Most likely this is not what the problem is. Just in case if this started happening right after you loaded a new set or something like that?
Moheb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: My Pa800 wont start, don't know why??? Reply with quote

pcguy wrote:
Moheb wrote:
Hi everyone,

This might not be applicable to this problem at all, but i'll throw it out anyways. On a yamaya forum a while ago, i read that someone had similar experience after loading a corrupted file that he downloaded from the internet. Most likely this is not what the problem is. Just in case if this started happening right after you loaded a new set or something like that?

Actually I have never loaded any other set onto my keyboard, b/c i was always afraid it would get a virus or something...but I thought it would be the Os since I haven't upgraded it ever since I bought it but now that I am trying to upgrade the OS the USB is not showing sign that it is being read, b/c usually a light comes on while we stick the USB in but no signal at all...I tried holding the INTRO 1 and turning it on too, but my USB is showing no signal...ARE there any other buttons that can RESTART the keyboard?
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe,
You might try reseting based on the second STICKY on this forum.
It will overwrite evrything...hope you have nackup of any user stuff.

It's worth a try.

Lee
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Black screen me too Reply with quote

me to . when I turn it on it take a long time and then the back light come on .. if i turn it off and right back on it sometime come faster . I think it is a bad sector on the ssd hard drive , when you format the drive it will see , it come back saying bad sector . and when i format it and check it again ... still bad . so to me the ssd driver is dead . i am packing it up now Sad so i call the shop and they said , it will be a long time before you get it back , we can not fix it here , so who know when i will see it again , Roland keep looking better all the time and I hate to say that , my pa80 it great , never a bad day with it .
And there is a utilitie built in to the pa800 that you can check joy stick and usb and the ssd driver and more . but you must be carefull .
oh yes OTP i think the utilitie screen show that in it , One Time Programmable (electronics), maybe I readly do not know just a guess, i would check now but its all box up readly to go bye bye .
tell us all what you fine out and i will post what I fine out when I get it back . good luck .
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: reseting based Reply with quote

reseting based on the usb stick ,what it the based. i have try all the reset format from korg page . and the OS from 1.0 and 1.1 ,1.50,1.51,160,2.0,2.01.
what am I missing here
thank
YO8RZE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CPU board is brooken. Hardware issue. Can I fix it.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: My Pa800 wont start, don't know why??? Reply with quote

Moheb wrote:

- Independently if you see screen info , wait for the usual boot time of your set and notice if you can see
interface led light up and also play the keyboard if you can listen for instance piano sound without visual info !
- If keyboard can reproduce sound then touch screen or touch screen driver has been burned
- If boot procedure is indeed stacked at initial boot procedure , then 2 things can happen , malfunction of USB stick
system SSD or motherboard must be replaced.

In both cases korg official repair center is needed

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YO8RZE wrote:
CPU board is brooken. Hardware issue. Can I fix it.
How do you assume that especially your CPU is broken ?
Did you use a hummer instead ? since CPU is the only component of PaSeries that will never brake not even
be burned according to its tasks there !
If seriously talking about broken board :
- for Pa800 , CPU board is isolated and can be changed (if available).
- talking for Pa2X and later models , the whole motherboard must be replaced !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
YO8RZE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCB board which contains the CPU is damaged. I had this issue and I resolved. A electronic technician with average knowledge can remedy this defect. There is no need to change the pcb board.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YO8RZE wrote:
PCB board which contains the CPU is damaged. I had this issue and I resolved.
A electronic technician with average knowledge can remedy this defect. There is no need to change the pcb board.

Yes , that's true when you certainly know the damage , but we're not aware of your kind of damage , and in mentioned case
all depends of magnitude of circuit broken lines of a dual layer printed circuit board !
Also never forget that in case of pa800 , strong vibrations occur there that can brake again insufficiently repaired circuit board lines !

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not enough information available in this topic to conclude which parts are defect..

Everything i have seen as possible solutions are just guesses..
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
There is not enough information available in this topic to conclude which parts are defect..

This is a multiple diagnose page , if more remarkable two separate issues have been discussed !
Bachus wrote:
Everything i have seen as possible solutions are just guesses..

Definitely speculations are only feasible via correspondence , if somebody could visit my lab , no further discussion
would had taken place here , But I didn't see you mentioning your problem , therefore let expertize in electronics to
decide what is guessing or obvious solution, and just ask for our help for a real issue of yours !

fResH_
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r.i.p Pa800

"Its not how good you are, its the impression you leave behind."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: