Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg triton taktile
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
metallo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Korg triton taktile Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wr4H0vZ3_0

TRITON taktile is a USB/MIDI controller that includes 512 program sounds from the legendary Korg TRITON workstation. The sounds range from standards such as electric piano and organ to synth leads for soloing and elegant pads, making this a treasury of sounds that will stimulate and inspire you as a player. You can also control the TRITON taktile from your computer via USB MIDI as an external sound module to enhance your existing music production setup.

TRITON taktile is equipped with the same great-feeling, semi-weighted keyboard that's used on the KingKORG and KROME. Taktile is loaded with functions that make it fun to use, including a touch pad inherited from the Kaossilator that lets you play melodies using just a single finger; trigger pads that let you generate chords in the key and scale of your choice; and an arpeggiator that includes rhythm patterns. The TRITON taktile also delivers the functionality expected from a MIDI controller - it provides all of the basic controllers such as sliders and switches, and makes setup easy.
gjvti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like NAM2014 marks new craze of beat-thingies like in 2013 everyone tried to get analogue. So far we have Triton Taktile, Roland Aira, Elektron AR, M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro, Arturia BeatStep, countless Akai MPC series devices.... some more?
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a merger of two of the Nano series with some additions into a keyboard controller which also has the Triton engine onboard.
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dumbing-down of keyboards continues...

What this keyboard says onstage is that you're too piss-poor of a keyboard player to be able to assign the sounds to the keyboard's notes to play them, thus you must rely on big pads to be able to actually hit the notes correctly; so terrible a keyboard player that your limited talent can only play with one hand and therefore don't need aftertouch because you have that free hand to work the wheels; and haven't the musical range to need a 5-octave keyboard.

Thanks, I'll pass. The only feature I would want I already have: a Triton-Rack.

Open your mouths: there's another money shot from the manufacturers on the way.

..Joe
depulse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping Korg would have made the Triton engine run on the computer and not on the controller.

Why use the Triton engine when the Krome engine is already developed? Is the price so much lower? What ROM is in there? Just the standard Triton waves or new/expanded wavesets (Extreme, Micro X, etc)?
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassing, dont we already have enough DJs and Pads?
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depulse wrote:
I was hoping Korg would have made the Triton engine run on the computer and not on the controller.

Why use the Triton engine when the Krome engine is already developed? Is the price so much lower? What ROM is in there? Just the standard Triton waves or new/expanded wavesets (Extreme, Micro X, etc)?

I get the impression it's the complete (expanded) engine, as the video has some shots of the Triton Studio as well....? But, come to think of it, if that is the case, it should've been the Triton Extreme instead. Hmm. I'm a bit surprised of this move
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo wrote:
I get the impression it's the complete (expanded) engine, as the video has some shots of the Triton Studio as well....?

How come? The Triton Studio was not an Expanded or Fully Loaded synth.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see including the Triton engine. It won't cut into the workstation sales and it at least provides some onboard sounds that are familiar.

But seeing as the primary function is a controller the keybed should have been the Kronos 61. A joystick would have been a better choice too. Yeah, they have the x/y pad but it's not the same. Keep the x/y pad but add a joystick.

I also wonder about the build quality of the rest of the board. We will have to wait for someone to get their hands on one.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depulse wrote:

+1.
A software recreation of the Triton would have been great.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
Hugo wrote:
I get the impression it's the complete (expanded) engine, as the video has some shots of the Triton Studio as well....?

How come? The Triton Studio was not an Expanded or Fully Loaded synth.

Yeah, that's why I qualified my statement by mentioning the Extreme
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there is any editing features for these Sounds or just straight playing and nothing else.
javaj

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow- great release from Korg. Totally want that Triton Taktile 49 to control my Macbook rig- it's just the perfect combination of controlls and onboard sounds to mix with my Omnisphere. They knocked it out of the park- and the price is totally right.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get fooled, there is Taktile and Triton Taktile, 2 different machines
and i don't think the price will be the same.
javaj

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg Taktile/TRITON Taktile will be available in June 2014 with US Street prices as follows: Taktile 25 - $249.99; Taktile 49 - $349.99; TRITON Taktile 25 - $349.99; TRITON Taktile 49 - $499.99.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: