Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP NEEDED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: HELP NEEDED Reply with quote

Pa900 Questions
In the SONGBOOK drop down box, what does the "Init Songbook" option do?

Songbook 'Book Edit 2' shows 'Tempo/BPM' but the numeric value cannot be highlighted or changed ... the same is true for the 'M. Transpose'. These options were available on my Pa600 ... how can implement them on the Pa900?

Is there a way to delete songs from the 'Main Book'?

When creating a 'Custom List' and a new song is added, it goes to the bottom of the list ... If I want the song to be located at the top of the list, is there a way to do that other than pressing the up arrow once for ever step up that I want?

THANK YOU
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Init Songbook: Select this command to erase the SongBook list and start with a new, blank list. See Manual p303.

Adjust Tempo and Transpose to the desired level, then hit the Songbook button, Tab Book Edit 1, select the box by Current Resource and Write.

Select the song in the Songbook, Tab Book Edit 1, Del Song.

I don't know of any other way to reorder them. Usually it goes pretty fast.
Leedslad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried your recommendation re. Adjusting tempo of a midi file. I did as you said adjusted the tempo to 60 from 90, then imported the midi file into songbook. The book edit 2tab showed the new tempo but when you played the midi file it played back at 90. I can adjust the transpose by using the seq. that doesn't change in songbook, but adjusting the tempo - I must have spent 6 hrs trying to adjust the tempo and save withno joy - anyone any suggestions - please.
barry murphy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not expert at this but maybe I can help.
It is easier to adjust the tempo before saving the midi to USB otherwise you will need to edit each track on the korg to find the data (usually at the very beginning of the track) that tell the song the tempo. It could be on more than one track. On your daw. look at the tempo window to see there are no changes and change it to the tempo you want. Sorry, hope this helps. I'm not good at explaining but I think I've got it right.
Help someone?
baz
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can easily adjust tempo events in Sequencer Mode.
Most midis only have one Tempo event but others might have quite a few throughout the song for added realism and these will change the tempo of your song no matter what settings you put in Songbook. So the correct procedure to adjust tempo of a midi is via Sequencer Mode as follows.
Select your Midi, hit Menu, select Edit Event, at the bottom left you might see Track 1, change this to Master Track (there are 16 tracks plus a Master Track). Here you will see the Tempo Events and you can adjust them to what you want. Re-save the midi and all should be OK.
Cheers,
John
Leedslad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx mate that really helped, it worked perfectly. Can I pick you brain again?
I'm trying to make a set list and want all my songs in the list to be adjustment free when I play the gig. In other words I don't want to adjust the transpose and tempo at the beginning of each song. Most of my trax are in my key but a few need to be transposed and I prefer not to change the fingering so I'd like to be able to SAVE a file that has been transposed using the deck button not the master transpose in the seq. When I try to work the file in "song play" and then import into Songbook the edit2 tab shows that I saved the file -2 but the song plays in the original key, so the -2 fig is bogus. Is there away to save the transpose setting. It would be sweet to have all your songs in a set list with your own settings so you could just play one song after another and not worry about switches and buttons and keep the same fingering. Can't tell you how many times Ive forgotten to zero the transpose after I finished a song, gets pretty hairy playing and singing in the wrong key.
Cheers
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transposing a song with the on board deck button will not be saved in Songbook. The way to have Songbook transpose your song automatically is to leave the deck button at no transpose but go to the Song via Songbook, Edit Book 2, change M. Transpose and Write it. Now when you select the song it will be transposed correctly (unless you have locked Transpose in Global settings).

Last edited by Reuben on Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Leedslad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you nailed it again - worked out great, I now have various set lists all in my performance keys and can just fly from one song to the next without stress.
Thanx mate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: