Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newb Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Newb Questions Reply with quote

Hi Everyone. I'm new to the Korg world and have a couple questions about sequencing in the Kronos.

1. I don't know what I did, but for some reason my "Category Program Select" option has now disappeared whenever I try to assign patches on tracks. In other words, I was once able to see the categories of "Piano, Organ, Brass, Strings, etc." to the left of the patch options. Now it's not there. It only references Internal and User. How can I get that category option back?

2. I've noticed that sometimes when I hear a patch under Program, it doesn't sound quite the same when I pull it up in Sequencer mode. Is that normal? I learned that the position of the joystick sometimes affects this, so is there anything I can do to ensure I'm getting the default sound?

Hope all this makes sense. Thanks, it's all a learning curve, right?
--Rob
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are in seq mode and want to transfer in a prog sound, I usually check the "all IFX used box. It depends on what Mfx TFx's are used as well.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Corgy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Newb Questions Reply with quote

RobL wrote:

1. I don't know what I did, but for some reason my "Category Program Select" option has now disappeared whenever I try to assign patches on tracks. In other words, I was once able to see the categories of "Piano, Organ, Brass, Strings, etc." to the left of the patch options. Now it's not there. It only references Internal and User. How can I get that category option back?
--Rob

Seems to me that you can get back the instrument categories just by using the "Category popup button" instead of the "Popup button".

Have a look in Kronos Quick Start, TouchView user Interface, page En-13 or to the display in Combi-mode. The "Category" button is on top of the much larger "Popup" button.

Use the "Category" for category search and the "Popup" for search according to user banks.

Hope this was some help to you.
RobL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll give both suggestions a try today.
RobL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremykeys: I've looked for that "all IFX used" box and can't seem to locate it. Where, exactly, do you find it? Thanks!

Corgy: Yeah, I was hitting the popup button rather than the category popup. Thanks for helping this newb.
Corgy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobL wrote:
Jeremykeys: I've looked for that "all IFX used" box and can't seem to locate it. Where, exactly, do you find it? Thanks!

Corgy: Yeah, I was hitting the popup button rather than the category popup. Thanks for helping this newb.

I think what Jeremykeys was suggesting is that you can

"copy from programm including the IFX".

You can do this while in Combi or Sequencer mode, using the page menu commands.

You find a description in the Kronos-Parameter-Guide at page 502, "Copy From Program". There you will find how to copy IFX, MFX, KARMA, and Drum Track to your Combi or Sequencer.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are in seq mode, the drop down menu at the top right corner of the main page. Press copy from prog and then you will see it.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Sparker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've looked for that "all IFX used" box and can't seem to locate it. Where, exactly, do you find it?

It is one of the tick-box options that comes up when you click on the 'Copy from Program' option in the main drop-down menu (top right).

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
RobL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: