Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for microStation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: PCG Tools for microStation Reply with quote

PCG Tools is a free librarian (and more) application for various Korg synthesizers/workstations.

Who would like to test PCG Tools for microStation for me? Very long time ago I tried to add support, but there was a reason why it did not work. This evening I spent some time to fix some bugs, and it seems to open files and generate files etc, but since I do not have a microStation myself, there might be some checksum problems (and possibly more, didn't test it very thoroughly).

However, if someone of you owns a microStation, and wants to test it, please let me know (send me your email address), and I will send you a version with microStation support.

Thanks in advance!

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Manus168

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: PCG Tools for microStation Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
PCG Tools is a free librarian (and more) application for various Korg synthesizers/workstations.

Who would like to test PCG Tools for microStation for me? Very long time ago I tried to add support, but there was a reason why it did not work. This evening I spent some time to fix some bugs, and it seems to open files and generate files etc, but since I do not have a microStation myself, there might be some checksum problems (and possibly more, didn't test it very thoroughly).

However, if someone of you owns a microStation, and wants to test it, please let me know (send me your email address), and I will send you a version with microStation support.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, could you sent Me too : Manus168@gmail.com

Thanks.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: PCG Tools for microStation Reply with quote

Manus168 wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Thanks.

I sent the file but got an error, going to try again.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Manus168

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: PCG Tools for microStation Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Manus168 wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Thanks.

I sent the file but got an error, going to try again.

Already receive from you, thanks ... I will let you know after I run that software.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you already received it.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all.

From now on PCG Tools supports also the microSTATION, see below:

PCG Tools 2.0.0 is released. You can download the application for free as usual at http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl.

What is new?

Virtual banks for the Korg Kronos and the MS2000 (see the Virtual Bank files to be downloaded on the website). With these files, you can store 50 program and 50 combi banks, so you can keep all your patches together in one location. Of course you cannot use them directly on your synthesizer, however you can copy from/to that file like a big storage box. And if you need more than one file, just fill another Virtual Banks file.

PCG Tools does not support only PCG files anymore. For the Korg MS2000, microSTATION, microKORG, microKORG XL and microKORG XL Plus a variety of files can be loaded and managed.

Also Greek language has been added thanks to Dadanos.

Besides that the Set List Generator has been rearranged so it looks better (I hope).

Last but not least a lot of small improvements and bug fixes.

Kind regards,

Michel, developer of PCG Tools

See below the complete list:

Code:

2.0.0      22-Mar-2014  Support : Added support for Korg microStation PCG files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg microKORG .syx files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg microKORG XL .mkxl_all files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg microKORG XL Plus .mkxlp_all files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg microKORG XL Plus .mkxlp_prog files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .syx files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .syx with mkP0 chunks files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .MID files with sysex info.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .bnk files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .LIB files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .exl files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .prg files.
                        Language: Greek language added, thanks to Dadanos.
                        Language: Improved several texts in various languages thanks to translators.
                        Feature : Virtual program and combi banks added (Kronos only for now).
                        Improv  : Set list generator windows has been resizable and rearranged.
                        Improv  : Hide set list generator widgets when unsupported by workstation model.
                        Improv  : The file content list does not enable wave seq/drum kit options anymore.
                        Improv  : Items unsupported/useful in list generator are hidden/shown automatically.
                        Improv  : Patch lists for text/XML without sub categories look nicer.
                        Improv  : Patch lists for text/XML without set list slots look nicer.
                        Improv  : Kronos 2.0 PCG files displayed as 2.x (because of OS version 2.1).
                        Improv  : Widened FileContent list to accomodate all column texts.
                        Improv  : Save As dialog shows the correct extention type.
                        Improv  : Prevent selecting another file format in Save As dialog.
                        Improv  : (Some) resizable windows show an icon when resizable.     
                        Improv  : Remember tab index of the Settings window.
                        BugFix  : Enabling of Settings functionality corrected.
                        BugFix  : Status bar shows number of programs in clipboard correct during pasting.               
                        BugFix  : Prevented crash when generating certain lists for initialized PCG files.
                        BugFix  : Master files fixed for Korg Trinity.
                        BugFix  : Use correct combi sub categories.
                        BugFix  : Fixed an issue in the text filter settings of the set list generator.
                        ExtLinks: Added link to Sounds of Planet.
                        ExtLinks: Added link to MIDI-OX.
                        ExtLinks: Removed unused/obsolete links.

JnC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michel,

Even though I don't own a PC, thanks for supporting the Microstation.

Korg recently released a 512 patch set for the Kross. If the Kross can import Microstation sounds, would it be possible for the Microstation to import some Kross sounds that have shared waves?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JnC wrote:
Michel,

Even though I don't own a PC, thanks for supporting the Microstation.

Korg recently released a 512 patch set for the Kross. If the Kross can import Microstation sounds, would it be possible for the Microstation to import some Kross sounds that have shared waves?

I don't know this, I don't have a microStation myself and is not related to PCG Tools which does not support waves.

Maybe you can ask it in the Microstation thread itself?

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 2.1.0

A new version of PCG Tools is released today, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
Except for small improvements regarding the patch list and difference list, the layout of the list generator and several bug fixes (especially for the Korg Kross), a lot of synths are supported in addition to the already supported.

From now on all users who have a synth from the Korg M1 series, M3R, 03R/W, 01/W series, T series and Z1 series can use PCG Tools.

Complete change list:
Code:

2.1.0       5-May-2014  Support : Added support for Korg M1, M1EX, M1R, M1R-EX files (sysex, Sysex Manager, mid format).
                        Support : Addes support for Korg M3R files (sysex, MID format).
                        Support : Added support for Korg 01/W, 01/W FD, 01/W pro, 01/W pro X, 01R/W (sysex/mid/01W/RAW format).
                        Support : Added support for Korg T1, T1EX, T2, T2EX, T3, T3EX (sysex/mid format).
                        Support : Added support for Korg 03R/W (sysex/mid format).
                        Support : Added support for Korg Z1, Z1EX (sysex/mid format).
                        Feature : Patch lists can optionally show CRC values (including/excluding name).
                        Improv  : Differences list has the option to show patch names.
                        Improv  : Added models and types to open file dialog.
                        Improv  : Patch lists in text format do not have : after program ID anymore.
                        Improv  : Patch lists do not show favorite column when not supported.
                        Improv  : Patch lists do not show (sub) category column(s) when not supported.
                        Improv  : Set list descriptions/categories in patch lists do not share same column.
                        Improv  : Category sorting is hidden when categories are not supported.
                        Bug Fix : Fixed checksum (preventing corrupted files) in Korg Kross PCG files.
                        Bug Fix : Korg Kross user program/combi bank are now shown as U bank and treated as User type banks.
                        Bug Fix : CSV files handle multi line set list slot descriptions correctly.
                        Bug Fix : Text input in list generator is disabled when text filter is disabled.
                        Bug Fix : Combi Content generator shows programs not present in files (for combi references).
                        Bug Fix : Difference list now shows correct difference when name is unequal.
                        Links   : Changed links to Kurt Ader Productions and Deuce Entertainment.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 2.2.0

A new version of PCG Tools is released today, see http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl

Turkish language is added (thanks to Umut Erhan). A detune column is added to the combi timbres and several bug fixes and link fixes.

Complete change list:

Code:

2.2.0       8-Jul-2014  Support : Support of Kross TR files (made by the official Korg Editor).
                        Language: Turkish language added, thanks to Umut Erhan.
                        Improv  : Added detune column to combi timbres list (and list generator).
                        Improv  : Added set list name to set list slot rows in the set list generator's patch list.
                        Improv  : Set lists slots are only considered empty when empty AND reference to program I-A000.
                        Improv  : The path of the manual is now editable (local file or website location).
                        Bug Fix : Prevented crash when Tools menu was opened without loading a PCG file.
                        Bug Fix : Link to the manual from the About page now works correct.
                        Bug Fix : Patch list in list generator does not show sub types.
                        Bug Fix : Lists in list generator not having sub types show now empty sub lists.
                        Bug Fix : XML patch output list generator sometimes did not show wave sequences correctly.
                        Links   : Added JimG, RedKross2014 and re-added Joost Wilgehof as tester (sorry Joost).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 2.3.0

Dear all,

A new version of PCG Tools has been released, with the following changes:
- Polish language added, thanks to DamianoMusic.
- Added volume to set list slots.
- Redesigned and improved various dialogs.
- Various small improvements and bug fixes

In detail:

Code:

2.3.0      10-Aug-2014 
Language: Polish language added, thanks to DamianoMusic.
                        Improv  : Added volume to edit set list slot dialog (Kronos only).
                        Improv  : Added volume column to set lists in PCG window (Kronos only).
                        Improv  : Dynamically resizing of edit program, combi and set list slot dialogs.
                        Improv  : Redesigned splash screen and about window.
                        Bug Fix : Prevented changed program/combi references when pasting inside same file.
                        Bug Fix : Prevented crash when selecting multiple banks with only one filled item.
                        Bug Fix : One label not translated in the Edit Single Set List Slot dialog.
                        Bug Fix : Fixed several texts in different languages (especially Greek).
                        Bug Fix : Added several translators in some translations (sorry Umut Erhan, Jim Dijkstra, Syntey).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear PCG Tools user,

Today I have released PCG Tools 2.4.0, which has the following improvements:

- Support for Kronos, Kronos X and Kronos 2, OS3.0
- For Kronos: Set list slot edit redesigned and showing more (more to follow soon).
- Multiple programs, combis and set list slots selectable to move up or down.
- Default folders set (for set list generator, Kronos and sequencer files).
- Various bug fixes and other improvements.

As always, it can be freely downloaded at the website (http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl)

Kind regards,

Michel (developer of PCG Tools)

Code:

Full change list:

2.4.0      27-Dec-2015  Support : Support for Korg Kronos (X/2) OS3.0 PCG files.
                        Improv  : Set list slot edit dialog shows now reference type, ID and name.
                        Improv  : Redesigned set list slot window (text size, layout).
                        Improv  : The default output folder for sequencer files can be changed in settings.
                        Improv  : Move up and/or down multiple programs, combis or set list slots.
                        Improv  : Set List Name shown in Patch List for XML output type.
                        Improv  : My Documents folder used as default list generator folder.
                        Improv  : Added more space for some text edit control in the set list generator.
                        Improv  : Added grey lines in patches of PCG Window, useful for multi line set list slots.
                        Improv  : Program creates icon in start menu and desk top (also for Windows 8).
                        Bug Fix : Fixed loading Kronos files while in German language.
                        Bug Fix : Alignment of copy/paste settings tab fixed from center to top.
                        Bug Fix : Fixed typo in name of Polish translator: DamianoMusic (sorry Damian).
                        Bug Fix : Fixed type of programs of Z1 program banks on a card.
                        Bug Fix : Fixed layout of a Program Usage list in XML format.
                        Bug Fix : Fixed loading SNG files.
                        Bug Fix : In some cases end of strings in patch names were ignored.
                        Bug Fix : Sequencer output could crash because of unauthorized file output.
                        Links   : Added link to http://www.synthysounds.co.uk
                        Links   : Added link to http://facebook.com/rsfmusictech for Rubinho/R.S. Felicio.
                        Links   : Added link to http://indra.com/~cliffcan/01faq.htm#editors.
                        Links   : Removed link to Kronos-MW works (website not available anymore).
                        Links   : Removed link to Deuce Entertainment (not relevant anymore).
                        Donators: Added Ralph Hopstaken to the list of donators in the splash screen.

Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Michel I'll let you know however I don't think their is any change in the microstation but i'm always in for an extended Ui layout Cool.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_SamDoogie wrote:
Great Michel I'll let you know however I don't think their is any change in the microstation but i'm always in for an extended Ui layout Cool.

Looking at the list a lot of items are also for non Kronos owners, but indeed, most are smaller improvements.

However, I Always try to keep as much features supported for all models PCG Tools supports.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear PCG Tools users,

A new version of PCG Tools is released (version 2.5.0).

The most important items are:
- Program reference changer, useful for changing references to multiple programs from combis (or set list slots). I will add later in the KorgForums site and facebook more information how to use this feature.
- Automatic pasting of programs used by combis/set list slots with programs having a similar name but not mandatory to be equal.
- Added color/transpose controls for editing set list slots (Kronos only).
- Various bug fixes (like copy/pasting set list slots for Kronos.

The application can be downloaded for free at http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl

Below is a complete list of changes.

Kind regards,

Michel Keijzers, developer of PCG Tools

Code:

=============================================================================================
Version : 2.5.0
Date    : 24-Jan-2015
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feature : Program reference changer (to change references in combis/set lists to programs).
Improv  : Possibility to treat equal/like-named patches as duplicates while copy/pasting.
Improv  : For Kronos set list slot editor: Added color/transpose controls.
Bug Fix : For Kronos set list slot editor: Fixed XS/S mismatch for font size.
Bug Fix : Fixed copy/pasting set list slots (Kronos only).
Bug Fix : Fixed double clicking a PCG file to start up PCG Tools.
Bug Fix : Prevented crash when loading Kronos files with set lists, without combis.
Removed : Command Line window.
Language: Italian language added, thanks to Enrico Puglisi.
Language: Many greek texts improved, thanks to Giorgios (new translator) and Jim Dijkstra.
Language: Corrected/translated (missing) language texts (thanks to various translators).
Links   : Completely redesigned all external links windows.
Links   : Added contributors window, for thanking testers, information/idea providers etc.
Links   : Added Timo Lill, as translator for German (amongst others) and added various URLs.
Donators: Added Kevin Nolan and added various URLs of donators.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: