Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome with iPad4 and iPolysix or Korg Gadget

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewtheshmoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Krome with iPad4 and iPolysix or Korg Gadget Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm new to this stuff and wondered if anyone could give me an answer. I've got an ipad 4 and a Korg Krome, and I wondered if I could midi the ipad with the krome and use ipolysix or korg gadget. And if so, does that mean I can play krome sounds through the apps, or the app sounds just effectively using the krome's keys?

I also have an old Yamaha w7 that I could use as a midi keyboard?

Cheers in advance
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can connect the Krome to the IPad with MIDI and play it using the Krome keyboard. You just need a midi adapter. Something thing like the iRig Midi would work.

The Korg Gadget doesn't have Midi out so you can't play the Krome from that app.
drewtheshmoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent thanks. What would you recommend as a newbie, ipolysix or gadget?
Lando2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, you dont need necessarily a midiinterface. You can also use a camera connection kit. This gives you an usb-port for your ipad. That doesnt work with all midi-keyboards, but my krome and my ipad4 work together perfectly.

I cant say sth to the mentioned apps, but i can recommend the sunrizer synth app. Its quiet cheap and sounds nice. i would give it a try.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're new to synths then I would suggest the Gadget. It has a lot of variety and the engines/gadgets are generally simpler and easier to start programming.

Animoog, Thor and Nave are also some very good ones that I enjoy.
iMS20 and iPolysix are fun too.
drewtheshmoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played synths for a long time and used to have a Yamaha W7, but I'm now starting to spend time really getting into playing around with the sounds so I'm still learning what things do, and all the technical jargon etc. thanks for your suggestions, I'll have a look at them all!
WDMcM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lando2 wrote:
Hi, you dont need necessarily a midiinterface. You can also use a camera connection kit. This gives you an usb-port for your ipad. That doesnt work with all midi-keyboards, but my krome and my ipad4 work together perfectly.

I cant say sth to the mentioned apps, but i can recommend the sunrizer synth app. Its quiet cheap and sounds nice. i would give it a try.

Hi,

If I'm reading your post correctly, you use an iPad/Camera Connection Kit plugged into the USB port of your Krome. Is that correct? If so, how do you assign which Timbre in a Krome Combination will access the iPad?

Thanks,

Dave
Lando2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm in holidays and about 1000 km away from my Krome (not from my IPad Smile), so i cant say it exactly now.

But if I remember right you have in the combis the possibility to set for each part (or timbre?) if you want to use the intern sounds or use extern midigear and a midichannel. In the app you can set the midichannel too.

So you can program a combi mixed with kromesounds and with ipad-app sounds. You can even use more than one app, if they are backgroundaudio-able and gives you the possibility to set different midichannels.
WDMcM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lando2 wrote:
Hi,

I'm in holidays and about 1000 km away from my Krome (not from my IPad Smile), so i cant say it exactly now.

But if I remember right you have in the combis the possibility to set for each part (or timbre?) if you want to use the intern sounds or use extern midigear and a midichannel. In the app you can set the midichannel too.

So you can program a combi mixed with kromesounds and with ipad-app sounds. You can even use more than one app, if they are backgroundaudio-able and gives you the possibility to set different midichannels.

Thanks for responding. So apparently the USB port on the Krome carries the same data as the 5 pin DIN MIDI port. When I get home tonight, I will try this with my iPad 2 and camera connector kit. If this works, it will really be cool. Thanks again for making me aware of this.

Best Regards and have a great holiday!

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: