Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kross arrived today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Kross arrived today Reply with quote

My Kross arrived today. Went straight to editing or actually copying parameters from my Kronos. Not bad at all. Navigation at first was tuff (15 minutes) but got the hang of it. Only thing is no O-Verb which i was aware of but all in all its going to work out for what I need it for..
stingray1059

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you upload your kronos patches for kross.. it will surely help a lot of members here..
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres no Kronos patches for Kross. im just doing it the old fashion way, parameter by parameter. and just on 4 or 5 programs that i use live
stingray1059

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. can you teAch us how?

you can also save your patches into your sd card and upload it here.
tommymandel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@hammond, You are probably you using the Editor software to, parameter by parameter, 'port' your Kronos patches over to your Kross, right? I think that might be the quicker way to go.

@stingray, no offense brother, but when someone works hard on a patch, or a collection of patches, (at least in my case) - we're not always that eager to put them out there: Some guys feel differently, but as for me, my value in the commercial market place comes, in part, from the sounds I tweak, invent, adapt and develop...I've thought about posting them, but then there goes my personal 'Sound.' Plus one day, maybe I'll try to sell them as a set...I know it's pretty 20th Century, and am I being a dick for saying this?

PS: There are tons of great sounds in the Kross already...What kind, in particular, are you looking for? Smile
stingray1059

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommymandel wrote:

PS: There are tons of great sounds in the Kross already...What kind, in particular, are you looking for? Smile

im looking for that old 80's band piano + strings. since i am on a cover band. example.. " i cant fight this feeling" -reo speedwagon and "wont hold you back" and other songs by toto.
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommymandel no im not using the editor, just got the Kross and started hacking away on 3 programs needed for some live shows for this weekend. I never could get my Kronos editor to work on my PC and since the Korg drivers were probably going to do the same with Kross editor i didnt even bother. Maybe next week I can sit down and try to sync Kross with editor. Sounds interesting though , the parameter feature you mentioned.
tommymandel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingray1059 wrote:

im looking for that old 80's band piano + strings. since i am on a cover band. example.. " i cant fight this feeling" -reo speedwagon and "wont hold you back" and other songs by toto.

That might be very doable for ya, stingray! Because the Combi's 000, 001, 005, and 007 in the Piano Category (first big knob) are just that - a big piano layered with strings or a pad of the 80's variety. You might have to press 2 other buttons too - to turn OFF the Drum Track, and the Arp(eggio) - if they're already lit (on) when you select those Combi's.

Let me know how close those sounds are to what you're looking to find. (The Strings may be a little louder than you like in 007, for example, but Then maybe we can get into some basic tweaking Smile and fix that.
tommymandel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammondcuni wrote:
tommymandel no im not using the editor, just got the Kross and started hacking away on 3 programs needed for some live shows for this weekend. I never could get my Kronos editor to work on my PC and since the Korg drivers were probably going to do the same with Kross editor i didnt even bother. Maybe next week I can sit down and try to sync Kross with editor. Sounds interesting though , the parameter feature you mentioned.

I haven't been using the editor either Embarassed
stingray1059

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommymandel wrote:

Let me know how close those sounds are to what you're looking to find.

ok thanks.. you are a great help.. i just lessen than sounds of the strings for suit EP + pad.. its suitable for most 70's rock ballads.

request for patch suggestions for these 2 songs
1. forever - kenny loggins
2, what does the fox says - ylvis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: