Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naming User Drum Patterns

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sstudt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Naming User Drum Patterns Reply with quote

I'm learning gradually and have created some drum patterns. But I'm not sure how to name them. Actually have named one and can't get to how I did it. Perusal of pdf user hasn't helped yet.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg's usual scheme is to name things as they are saved - you'll save the pattern, be prompted to name it, and asked to confirm the location.

That's pretty much the only place you'll see a name change cue, so recheck the .pdf manual with that in mind and you'll likely find that.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The user pattern name option can be find in the SEQ P10 pattern/RPPR
sub page "Pattern name". The pattern must to be renamed before converting to User Drum Track Pattern .

Regards,
Dan
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Dan,

That sounds like the same convention that the Kronos is following, namely that the pattern, either self-written or imported, has to be in the sequencer or RPPR before it can be saved as a user pattern, at which point the usual name and save routine comes into effect.

The good news there is that you can download MIDI drum patterns from pretty much any source - 'net, your sequencer, extracted percussion tracks from MIDI files, instrument performance files, etc. - and turn them into Drum Track files.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Next logical question is: does the user pattern playback want to see patterns as a monolithic (all drums on one track) or split up set of tracks @ one track per drum.

I think I read somewhere it all had to be on a single track in order to be successfully saved as a User Drum Pattern. If that's the case, importing from a multi-tracked kit would mean merging the tracks first.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: