Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Convert Style from Pa600

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Convert Style from Pa600 Reply with quote

Can anyone know, how to convert Style from Pa600 to Pa80?
Thank you any idea or suggestion.
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Convert Style from Pa600 Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Can anyone know, how to convert Style from Pa600 to Pa80?
Thank you any idea or suggestion.

You would have to export the style on the PA600 to a type 0 SMF file then try to import that midi file into the PA80.

I found these words in the very old Style to Midi Conversion s/w released by Korg in 2001 ...

General:

Use this utility to import/export Chord Variation Tracks in SMF format.

Load/save Style Bank files of Pa80 using a floppy disk.

Style names may be modified in the style list (left) window.

One single Midi-File (format 0) is used for each Chord Variation. The tracks are allocated as follows:
9 = Bass
10 = Drum
11 = Percussion
12 = ACC. 1
13 = ACC. 2
14 = ACC. 3
15 = ACC. 4
16 = ACC. 5

The file naming convention is:
'TnCVn'
T = Style Element
[V = variation, I = Intro, F = Fill, E = Ending]
n = Style Element number
[1..4 for Variations, 1..2 for others]
CV = Chord Variation
n = Chord Variation number
[1..6 for Variations, 1..2 for others]

example: 'i1cv2' = Intro1 Chord Variation 2

This text must appear in the file name (at any position before the dot).

example: 'ABCi1cv2.mid' , i1cv2DE.mid' are a valid names.

The 'Import Style from SMF' function needs this names in order to assign the file to a certain Chord Variation. Use the multiple file select functionality of the 'Open' Dialog.
The 'Import/export chord variation' functions may use any file name.

Conversion conventions:

Supported events (all other events are ignored):
- Meta Time signature (tick 0 only)
- Notes
- Pitch bend
- Program change (tick 0 only)
- Ctrl 0/32 = Bank MSB/LSB (tick 0 only)
- Ctrl 1 = Modulation
- Ctrl 2 = Joystick y
- Ctrl 10 = Panorama
- Ctrl 11 = Expression
- Ctrl 12 = Fx control 1
- Ctrl 13 = Fx control 2
- Ctrl 64 = Damper
- Ctrl 71 = Filter Resonance
- Ctrl 74 = Filter Cutoff
- Ctrls 80,81,82

Following events are inserted at tick 0 during export and stripped off (transferred to Style Element, if the Style Element is newly created or empty) during import:
- Meta Time signature
- Program change
- Ctrl 0/32 = Bank MSB/LSB
- Ctrl 11 = Expression

The Mediaplayer feature should work on most Computers. However, this depends on the specific system configuration.

No parameter edit is provided. Use the Pa80 'Style Edit' (OS v.2.0 or higher) for this purpose. Only existing styles in Style Bank files can be modified or overwritten. Use the 'Load Style' feature of Pa80 to import new or modified styles. You may also create new Styles in Pa80 (OS v.2.0 or higher), save them to FD and work then with this program.

You can find this program here

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rick.
I didn't know Pa80 has ability to import SMF file to style, I was thinking only Groove can be imported, I must miss something in manual.
I doing this to share with friend of my who own Pa80 and he also thinking is no option like this.
I'll try this software PaStyleToMidi.
Can you explain in general what is different between, except Pa80 has only 2 Intros, ending and fills.
If I strip exported midi with markers fro Pa600(cut them out), is going to work or I need load to Pa80 separately one by one?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Thank you Rick.
I didn't know Pa80 has ability to import SMF file to style, I was thinking only Groove can be imported, I must miss something in manual.
I doing this to share with friend of my who own Pa80 and he also thinking is no option like this.
I'll try this software PaStyleToMidi.
Can you explain in general what is different between, except Pa80 has only 2 Intros, ending and fills.
If I strip exported midi with markers fro Pa600(cut them out), is going to work or I need load to Pa80 separately one by one?

Never having worked with the PA80 I really do not know what to expect. I would suggest that your friend makes sure he has upgraded the OS on his machine to the latest version as Korg has added this functionality in version 2.0 OS. It looks like you can only export/import one element of a style at a time on the PA80, so the process may be a bit laborious. One more thing, because the s/w above is so old, you may have to set Compatibility mode to Windows 95 or 2000 to make it work on newer Windows OS.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re Pa600 styles to Pa80 Reply with quote

I would be interested in these if you are successful.

I had the pa3x styles converted to pa50sd.[/img]
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you may have to set Compatibility mode to Windows 95 or 2000 to make it work on newer Windows OS.

I already did. Is works with XPSp3 Compatibility mode, but only option there is open style and is giving many errors on styles I'm sure is working with Pa600.
I think this program is work only on Pa80 format styles. Sad
Looks like dead end for me.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Quote:
you may have to set Compatibility mode to Windows 95 or 2000 to make it work on newer Windows OS.

I already did. Is works with XPSp3 Compatibility mode, but only option there is open style and is giving many errors on styles I'm sure is working with Pa600.
I think this program is work only on Pa80 format styles. Sad
Looks like dead end for me.

Yes, I would expect that. PA600 styles are not the same format as PA80 styles. Have your friend go into Style edit mode and check for SMF Import function. That's what you'll need to import a PA600 Style exported to SMF. After you edit the SMF to make it compatible with the PA80 of course.

Johann Sebastian Bach

NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re converting Styles Reply with quote

For the pa3x styles I exported all the parts using a demo version of the latest style works xt. Then import them into an older full version of style works xt which I have. Then using style works edit all the parts using that. Then tweak on the keyboard took days to do some worked better than others.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Re converting Styles Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
For the pa3x styles I exported all the parts using a demo version of the latest style works xt. Then import them into an older full version of style works xt which I have. Then using style works edit all the parts using that. Then tweak on the keyboard took days to do some worked better than others.

I seen their program, but they asking too much!!
BTW, is any good to work with, means Style Works XT Universal?
If anybody can confirm is it like they advertise Universal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA80 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: