Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about editing samples....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
acronym

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Question about editing samples.... Reply with quote

I'm very tempted to get a microsampler, it seems like a turbo mini version of an asr 10/SP 404

Now I understand you can get edit start and end points, however, can you do intricate editing with the dial or is it fixed. It sounds similar to how SP 404 editing is, a I correct in that assumption. Is it slow to do so?, can I press the key continously and edit the start point for example and hear the changes. Or do I need to edit, press key and listen?.
electrochrisso

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not done much waveform editing on the MS itself, I normally use the editing software made especially for the MS, where you can easily see what you are doing with a visual waveform. Note that you can only have a start and end point for the waveform loop.
lodevalm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the start and end points you have to re-trigger the sample to hear the editing.
Telengard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do have to hit the key to hear the change, but you can see the values that you are changing in a few different formats. You can edit the start and end as a percentage, as number of beats (based upon the BPM), or as a time value.
Cubilas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Question about editing samples.... Reply with quote

acronym wrote:
..It sounds similar to how SP 404 editing is, a I correct in that assumption. .

The 'Mark' button on the SP-404 is one of my favorite ways of editing, but there is no 'Mark' button on the MicroSAMPLER. As Telengard said, its all about moving the VALUE knob to get your start / end points where you want them. This works okay, but I find myself accidentally bumping the PARAMETER knob and changing something drastically.

It seems more difficult to get a clean loop sample on the MicroSAMPLER as compared to the SP-404. I find myself making loops on my SP-404 or 555, then exporting as WAV to memory card, then loading the loop into the MicroSAMPLER editor/librarian software, and finally putting the sample back on to the MicroSAMPLER.

Out of all my sampling gear, I like the combo of MicroSAMPLER + Roland SP-555. Easy loops & great FX. When done right, you can turn a bad loop into a good clean loop using the above method. When I get to that point, I usually just stick with the 555 (unless there's a feature specific to the MicroSAMPLER that I need to use.)

In short: if you have both a Roland sampler and a MicroSAMPLER; don't spend your time trying to find the perfect start/end points on the MicroSAMPLER Rolling Eyes . Cut it clean on the SP & import it back to the MicroSAMPLER. (personal recommendation)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: