Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Expression controller in Style editing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martosax87

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Problem with Expression controller in Style editing Reply with quote

Hello everyone. First I want to apologize for my poor english, it's not my mother tongue.

Now at the problem: I converted PSR styles and loaded them in to the Pa900. Well done, but the machine puts the primary CC11 value at the end of the tracks. And when some Intro has few CC11 at the end (127, 124, 121, 118, 115...61, 58, 55...) for decrescendo, Pa900 puts again CC11 with value 127 after the last one. For example 65, 62, 59, 56 and 127. I delete this last controller or change its value and save the style, but every time my Pa900 inserts the primary controller at the end of the track. Sad

Please, help if someone has resolved this problem. I'm sure that I'm not first user with this problem.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to export this to midi file and look into on Pc, something weird is there, is hard to tell what.
I'm doing changing value in my track on Pa600 on daily basic, almost every style I making and never had this issue .
If you load this midi to midi editor you can see, maybe something stay wrong after converting from PSR.
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with Expression controller in Style editing Reply with quote

Martosax87 wrote:
Hello everyone. First I want to apologize for my poor english, it's not my mother tongue.

Now at the problem: I converted PSR styles and loaded them in to the Pa900. Well done, but the machine puts the primary CC11 value at the end of the tracks. And when some Intro has few CC11 at the end (127, 124, 121, 118, 115...61, 58, 55...) for decrescendo, Pa900 puts again CC11 with value 127 after the last one. For example 65, 62, 59, 56 and 127. I delete this last controller or change its value and save the style, but every time my Pa900 inserts the primary controller at the end of the track. Sad

Please, help if someone has resolved this problem. I'm sure that I'm not first user with this problem.

From page 157 of the user manual...

"• Key/Chord, Chord Table, Expression, and any other Style Variation parameter, must be manually programmed in the relevant Style Record pages.
• The starting Tempo, and each track’s Volume, must be programmed as Style Settings data, and then saved in the Style Settings."

You'll probably want to turn on Initialize when you import the midi.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Martosax87

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I edit the styles in Style Rec and controllers in Event Edit, but every time it puts unwanted controller at the end.
BillyHank

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check to see if there is a reset all controllers command in the event list.
Martosax87

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no reset controllers at the ends.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you go to edit even of track, filter everything except control and post here exactly what is there?
If we see, then we can help you better.

type all.
like:
Position Type Value1 Value2
M:001.01.000 Ctrl 10 64
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All controllers are reset at the end. It's not just expression....It's panning and everything else if I remember correctly. To know for sure ,export a factory style and look at it in an external sequencer.

Are you trying to do a Decrescendo for an ending or something?

Martosax87

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few hours later I'll try to upload pics from Event editor. If I can't, I'll write what exactly is there.

Thanks for your help, guys.
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this thread:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=86774
Martosax87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the link. Yes, my problem is exactly the same. I think that I found a solution - just shorten the notes of the endings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: