Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(HELP) Good sound quality recording software for Korg Krome
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reggie318

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: (HELP) Good sound quality recording software for Korg Krome Reply with quote

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! I have a korg krome keybaord (obviously) and I need a good recording software that would easily connect to my korg krome. everything I have used is horrible. FL studios, Audacity, Mixcraft, nothing works. I need a software that will sound as if I'm listening to the beats I made with headphones directly from my keyboard. Everything I use, the levels are off and the bass/kicks I use are distorted. However, listening through headphones on my krome keyboard, everything sounds fine. Please help as this is preventing me from making my money selling beats. Very Happy Very Happy
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many factors that can affect the quality of your recording. Most software can do an OK job and shouldn't sound horrible. The first link in the chain is the audio interface. What are you using to connect to the computer?
StudioF

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with Bald Eagle.

if you dont have a audiointerface you might check the LINE IN volume on your PC. this is most likely the cullpit on your recording.
mbanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: (HELP) Good sound quality recording software for Korg Kr Reply with quote

Reggie318 wrote:
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! I have a korg krome keybaord (obviously) and I need a good recording software that would easily connect to my korg krome. everything I have used is horrible. FL studios, Audacity, Mixcraft, nothing works. I need a software that will sound as if I'm listening to the beats I made with headphones directly from my keyboard. Everything I use, the levels are off and the bass/kicks I use are distorted. However, listening through headphones on my krome keyboard, everything sounds fine. Please help as this is preventing me from making my money selling beats. Very Happy Very Happy

Everything severyone is saying seems to be very accurate, but just incase you're looking to invest in software, I am currently using Propella Head Reason 7.0 and Cubase 3. Works fine with the KROME.
Reggie318

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Lil More Help Reply with quote

I PM'd some of you on here. But as far as recording software goes, what are some good ones for cheap. And do they offer a trial and/or give refunds if I'm not happy with the product. I have many beats that could sell big.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Sonar X3 and have been happy with it. There are several versions at different prices. I think the least expensive is $99.00. They have a 30 day free trial so it cant hurt to take a look.

A lot of people use Reaper. It has a free trial and you never actually have to pay for it (although you should if you keep it).
Reggie318

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject: Reaper Reply with quote

Ok. Now the Reaper software and the Sonar, I can google those two and find them and download them right? Or will I need to order it from a website?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google it and download directly from their websites.
Reggie318

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: @baldeagle Reply with quote

Thanks @baldeagle I downloaded Reaper and im using the evaluation period, but I need to convert it to mp3 but it says there is no LAME available. Does this mean I have to buy it to convert it to mp3? Or any other format for that matter because it just saves as a file only the Reaper software can read.

P.S.
I recorded my bear with an auxiliary cord from my Krome to the mic jack in my PC. sounded pretty good.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are licensing issues with MP3 so some products require you to download and purchase a separate product. I'm not that familiar with Reaper in that regard but it looks like that is the case. You should be able to create wav files without anything extra.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always use something like iTunes to convert to MP3. I'll add my vote for Sonar btw.
Reggie318

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: @baldeagle Reply with quote

@baldeagle Man thanks for introducing me to reaper. It's perfect. I convert the WAV files into mp3 files using mixcraft because I hacked it to the pro version. I can start back making my money now. I'll still look into audio interfaces for a better crisp amd clear sound though. 'ppreciate the help. I'll still be posting on this forum if I have more questions. 👍👍👍
Reggie318

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thanks sander. I'll look into Sonar too.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper is a good program too by the way. The difference is more about workflow than quality, I personally find Reaper kind of convoluted to work with.
Reggie318

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: well... Reply with quote

@baldeagle I take it back. Ha. Reaper made the beat sound like its a lil low rumbling thunder in the background. Any idea what this could be?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: