Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where's the beginner's thread? (Kronos)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Where's the beginner's thread? (Kronos) Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm new here and totally new to synth and workstation ~ pretty clueless. I'm finding that there are an awful lot of terms and abreviations I know nothing about and I have several really basic questions but would like to put them somewhere appropriate.

Thanks! Cool
zoe
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have Kronos specific questions the Kronos forum is the place to ask. You can also learn a lot about everything related over here ...
http://tweakheadz.com/guide-to-home-and-project-music-studios/
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is also very helpful to read the manual... several times.

Sounds Good
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
It is also very helpful to read the manual... several times.

Sounds Good

So very true!

I had owned several Korg workstations; the M1 and a TR61, so I had been quite familiar with Korg's way of doing things. As soon as I had the bug to get a Kronos, I downloaded the manuals and studied them. I visualized how to do what I wanted to do before I even had the keyboard. And by reading the manual I had a lot of new ideas what I could do with this machine. This was months before I had enough money in the bank to comfortably purchase a Kronos. I still consult the parameter guide quite often. Cool
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
zoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So hey, I hope this is a reply~ setup is kind of odd looking (moderators feel free to lemme know if it's not Shocked ) ... yes- blond.

Anyway, thanks for replying. You've stated the obvious- the manual and the kronos board. I don't actually find the manual very helpful. It doesn't really explain anything for the True beginner. I've been fumbling around and continuing to watch the DVD that came with it, hoping each time that I'll catch something I missed the time before.

I guess I can visit the Kronos forum. I was just hoping there was something really, really basic out there. Makes me kind of wish I'd gone ahead and gotten the Yamaha motiffxf thru sweetwater and been able to take advantage of 24 hour support by phone!

ah well, baby steps.
zoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps. thanks for the tweakhead site Wink
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zoe wrote:
I was just hoping there was something really, really basic out there. Makes me kind of wish I'd gone ahead and gotten the Yamaha motiffxf thru sweetwater and been able to take advantage of 24 hour support by phone!

I have a Yamaha Motif... and it's even more confusing! My Korg M3 is much easier to work with. Believe me, you made the right choice. Just hang in there, post questions in the Kronos section and keep studying the manual.

It will all make sense! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: