Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KROME -SOUND PROBLEM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savante

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

downtownpaulyp wrote:
I just purchased an open box 73-key Krome (mint, but saved $200 Very Happy), and first thing I did before even powering up was replace the micro SD card.

I can confirm the one I removed was a no-name micro SD marked as Class 10, but figured I'd replace it anyway since I'd already spent $12 for a decent SanDisk and had gone through the trouble of opening the unit up.

Hi downtownpaulyp,
Having replaced the micro SD card, is your new Krome working properly? Have you checked it out thoroughly to make sure there are no problems?

In switching out the micro SD card, did you go through the procedure described in this thread using the "raw copy" software? On what computer platform?

Please let us know if your Krome seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks,
Savante

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak2eL_0rCBE&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX1fHKsjwaA&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pmp3sR91ak&feature=channel

First-ever synth I owned: Korg DW-8000, Current Korg gear: Korg Kronos 2; Korg Minilogue XD; Korg Krome EX; Korg Nautilus 61
downtownpaulyp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savante,

Yes, working perfectly. I even just put a few screws in temporary to hold the chassis together while I tested it before committing to putting all 20-30 screws back in!

I created my own raw copy of the original MicroSD card on Windows 10 using Win32 Disk Imager, then wrote the image to a new 16GB SanDisk MicroSD card.
Savante

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

downtownpaulyp wrote:
Savante,

Yes, working perfectly. I even just put a few screws in temporary to hold the chassis together while I tested it before committing to putting all 20-30 screws back in!

I created my own raw copy of the original MicroSD card on Windows 10 using Win32 Disk Imager, then wrote the image to a new 16GB SanDisk MicroSD card.

Thank you, downtownpaulyp, this is encouraging.

I'm moving about a month and plan to buy a new Krome as soon as I get settled in my new house. I will buy from Sweetwater and I hope I can talk them into replacing the micro SD card before they ship it to me, to avoid receiving a defective unit that requires servicing before I even use it. But if they won't do that, I'll follow the advice given in this thread and replace the micro SD card myself.

I think it's very disappointing that apparently Korg has still not addressed this issue satisfactorily, and is still shipping units with an inadequate no-name micro SD card.

Can you provide details of exactly which SanDisk 16GB micro SD card you used?

Thank you!

First-ever synth I owned: Korg DW-8000, Current Korg gear: Korg Kronos 2; Korg Minilogue XD; Korg Krome EX; Korg Nautilus 61
downtownpaulyp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanDisk 16GB Ultra microSD Class 10/UHS-1, also known as SDHC.

Manufacturer p/n SDSDQUAN-016G-G

The no-name card might have been just fine (says it's Class 10), but I figured it's cheap prevention.
Savante

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

downtownpaulyp wrote:
SanDisk 16GB Ultra microSD Class 10/UHS-1, also known as SDHC.

Manufacturer p/n SDSDQUAN-016G-G

The no-name card might have been just fine (says it's Class 10), but I figured it's cheap prevention.

Thank you! Please let us know if you run into any problems with your Krome. I hope you don't!

Also, if you can, give us an update in a few weeks to let us know that everything is still working fine.

Thank you,
Savante

jabberpony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Krome 88 touch sensitivity problem Reply with quote

I have a Krome 88 that I bought in late 2013. I had the dead screen issue fixed when it was near the end of its warranty. No other problems until now.

I recently started having a touch sensitivity issue only on certain notes. What seems to be happening is a volume jump. In other words, I'll be playing normally, and all of a sudden, certain notes will be jarringly louder than they should be based on how hard or soft I'm hitting them. I'm interpreting it as a midi issue (although I don't know if that's really correct). I can hear it very noticeably on piano sounds, and can also see the volume meter on the display panel go to the top. If I play the same notes on organ sounds, I can't hear any change in volume, but the meter still pegs the same way, and it's only on very specific notes.

I'm wondering if those of you who've swapped the internal micro SD card think that doing that might fix my problem. Also, I have a Mac, not a PC, so does anyone have instructions for doing with fix on Mac?
jabberpony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Krome 88 touch sensitivity problem Reply with quote

jabberpony wrote:
I have a Krome 88 that I bought in late 2013. I had the dead screen issue fixed when it was near the end of its warranty. No other problems until now.

I recently started having a touch sensitivity issue only on certain notes. What seems to be happening is a volume jump. In other words, I'll be playing normally, and all of a sudden, certain notes will be jarringly louder than they should be based on how hard or soft I'm hitting them. I'm interpreting it as a midi issue (although I don't know if that's really correct). I can hear it very noticeably on piano sounds, and can also see the volume meter on the display panel go to the top. If I play the same notes on organ sounds, I can't hear any change in volume, but the meter still pegs the same way, and it's only on very specific notes.

I'm wondering if those of you who've swapped the internal micro SD card think that doing that might fix my problem. Also, I have a Mac, not a PC, so does anyone have instructions for doing with fix on Mac?

Well, upon further searching, I found another topic on this forum for krome 88 keybed complaints that seems to address my specific problem:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=76762&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45
Etienne

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Korg Krome piano sound problem - resolved Reply with quote

Hello,

A message to deeply thank 'Stale' who wrote a complete procedure on Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:21 pm to build and replace the unsufficient factory MicroSD card on Korg Krome.
I followed the procedure using a SanDisk 16GB Ultra microSD Class 10/UHS-1 (it ony costs 10 Euro in France, it is the same as the one cited on a recent post from another user who reminds us that it is also known as SDHC) and it works perfectly well: the big noise happening sometimes from the OSC2 resonance and which is quite documented on this forum or on Youtube, completely disappears when playing on the Krome keyboard (a Krome 61).
Note that it doesnt solve completely what might be computing or I/O capacity limits: I still have very reduced noise surges when the piano sound is heavily treated by IFX effects or when playing heavy chords with damper from an external midi keyboard.
Last information: I used the HDD Raw Copy Software which works fine even on a 64bits Windows 10 simple laptop but it needs reboot after installation. You must have administrative rights for HDD Raw Copy to run properly and be cautious!!, this software may be a dangerous computer administration tool.
Hoping this post may help.
Etienne
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently bought a Krome Platinum 73 and after having read through this thread via a Google search,I am glad I waited 5 years to buy a Krome.

I have perhaps,a unique...or rare problem with my Krome(which may or may not be related to the SD card issue.)
The only on-board problem I had,was the sound of a program preset sound that wouldn't stop,unil I chnaged to a different preset(a problem of which,had never surfaced again,thus far.)
The major problem I have,is related to the crappy wall-wart power supply...as I had it connected to a power strip,that has a big electrical draw from one of my electrical outlets.
I was experiencing a very metallic buzzing sound and distortion(but not while I was recording...but rather,I would hear this noise during playback.)
More specifically,while I was playing back the Krome's sequencer and recording it into my Mixcraft 8 DAW,I did not hear any noise....but when I played my recorded DAW track,that is when I heard the noise.
At that point in time,I automatically assumed it was related to the SD card...so I ordered a SanDisk class 10,16GB card.
I then decided to plug in my Krome,to a different power strip that had less of an electrical draw and I was then able to record a track successfully into my DAW....but when I went to record a second DAW track,I encountered the same problem.
I then tried to plug into a 3rd outlet,with a power strip that had nothing else plugged in,but the problem persisted.
I then tried to record into my Presonus Studio One DAW and that fixed the problem entirely.
That said,it seems that my problem is not related to the SD card...as perhaps,Korg may have finally addressed this SD card issue,when they released the Platinum models?
Anyway....as a safeguard,I am setting aside my new SanDisk SD card,for a time when I may run into the same SD card issue,that so many have experienced....long after the initial purchase.
I hope that in the future,Korg will have an upgraded OS and go with flash memory,in their next version...if they decided to continue with their workstation keyboards.
It's hard to predict what Korg will do in the future,as for decades,Korg released a new keyboard every 4 years...but with the Kronos and Krome,they've been on the shelves longer than 4 years.
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...had my Krome 6 days & I got the dreaded System Error 216.It was just a random thing...I turned my Krome on,it appeared to have booted up entirely(according to the progress bar)...but it was stuck on the boot up screen.
I tried booting up 3 times & the same thing occurred every time.I was going to put my new SanDisk Class 1o 16GB card to use,but it seems insane to void the warranty,after only having it for 6 days(especially since I have a 2 year warranty with AmericanMusicalSupply.)
Also...I was doing the 12 payment plan and the thought of possibly damaging my Krome by modifying it and then spending the next year of my life making payments on a keyboard that I had to chuck in the garbage,really freaks me out.
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried calling this number and if so,did you get a voicemail,or did you actually get to speak with someone?
Since this number is just for general info,I imagine it's the wrong number to call and that I should probably call the repair line tomorrow....but I'll be returning my Krome via FedEx tomorrow...to the retailer I bought it from.

I know calling Korg is probably useless...but I am really curious to hear what they would have to say(after doing nothing to fix this issue,after 5 friggin' years of it!) Evil or Very Mad
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called Korg's customer service line and that was a waste of time.I then called a local repair center and I asked the guy if he would install my SanDisk Class 10 16GB card(as an alternative to me installing it and voiding the warranty)...but apparently,an authorized repair technician doing this,is also a cardinal sin,according to Korg and he told me he absolutely can't do that.
I sold my M3,because it was entirely too slow and the OS crashed and now,I am having serious problems with my Krome...evidently...me ever considering a Korg product again,was a grave mistake.
potgieter.yolo@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys... i have a korg 73 krome, and i also have this issue... please please please help me, this cutting off of pianos is working on me...
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potgieter.yolo@gmail.com wrote:
Hi guys... i have a korg 73 krome, and i also have this issue... please please please help me, this cutting off of pianos is working on me...

I think you'll find all the help you need,by reading through the earlier posts of this thread.
I don't know if I can be of much help to you...but let me ask you this...when did you buy your Krome?Do you still have the option of returning your Krome for a replacement,from the retailer you purchased it from?
If so,try that....before you consider doing anything else.If not...is your Krome still under warranty?
If so...you may want to see what results you get,by having an authorized repair center look at it.
If your warranty is expired,then you should buy a micro SD card(class 10,16GB...preferably SanDisk)...I bought one from Walmart's website for $16(including tax & shipping.)
A few pages back in this thread,there are detailed instructions on how to transfer the Krome's data onto the new SD card and how to disassemble the Krome and install the new card.
I haven't arrived to that point(& hopefully won't have to resort to that)...but I bought my SanDisk micro SD card and downloaded the Krome data and Windows imaging software as a safeguard,in the event my second Krome develops an issue in the future.

Good luck.
ntjunior

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using a third sd card and the problem persists. The last one I bought is a good and really fast one and it is being the worst of all them. I am really disappointed with Korg selling a huge crap like Krome. Bastards! I give up! I know I will have to deal with these horrible noises in my songs for ever! Crying or Very sad Mad Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: