Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome 88:new piano this week.Advice needed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denv12

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Krome 88:new piano this week.Advice needed. Reply with quote

I just the bought the Krome 88 this week.I'm new to Korg so I'm a learner.
(I upgraded from a Roland RD700SX)Had it home for 24 hours and I'm trying to sort it out.It was brand new straight from retailer.

I've sorted out the soft touch now set at 9.I also got rid of the beep every time you touch the screen.

As for getting the sounds right mine doesnt sound anywhere as good as these pianos in these videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_s-fwnnFk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7BDYcwBo4w

Or this Kross demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1r8CjR6EqY

I've done a factory reset so now I'm back where I started.
Do I have to go through all the piano and electric piano sounds and change each of them to get the best sound out of them?

I've also tried using new cables as well.It didnt change anything.It still sounds bad.My Tascam works,the Roland amp works,the cables work and I still get the sound right out of the Krome.This has to be 1 faulty piano.Or,is it possible that the 2 part power cable is the fault?If one part is the wrong one then that can prevent the Krome from being used to its full potential.Can anyone relate to that?

This is the equipment I'm using:
Korg Krome 88,connected from L-R audio (krome) to
Tascam DP03 digital recorder,Line A & Line B.
DP03 by dual RCA's to Roland KC350 amp.
This has been my set up since July 2013 since I bought the DP03.For 8 years before that I had the Tascam 414 MK2 4 track cassette deck/mixer.
These have always worked perfectly.I unplugged the Roland RD700SX piano 2 days ago and put the Krome in its place.The RD is sitting in the music shop on consignment.

As I have limited room,the computer is in the bedroom and the piano equipment is in the lounge room.Never the twain shall meet.

I really need advice.
At least with the Roland it had a printed manual that I kept at the piano at all times.
Thanks.
roger2600
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There Have been faulty Kromes before but i would try headphones first.
Then If that sounds good then you are getting cancellation by summing Left and right to one mono amp maybe.
Email Rogerpc3@gmail.com to order.
jnaut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Krome 88:new piano this week.Advice needed. Reply with quote

Denv12 wrote:
I just the bought the Krome 88 this week.I'm new to Korg so I'm a learner.
(I upgraded from a Roland RD700SX)Had it home for 24 hours and I'm trying to sort it out.It was brand new straight from retailer.

I've sorted out the soft touch now set at 9.I also got rid of the beep every time you touch the screen.

As for getting the sounds right mine doesnt sound anywhere as good as these pianos in these videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_s-fwnnFk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7BDYcwBo4w

Or this Kross demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1r8CjR6EqY

I've done a factory reset so now I'm back where I started.
Do I have to go through all the piano and electric piano sounds and change each of them to get the best sound out of them?

I've also tried using new cables as well.It didnt change anything.It still sounds bad.My Tascam works,the Roland amp works,the cables work and I still get the sound right out of the Krome.This has to be 1 faulty piano.Or,is it possible that the 2 part power cable is the fault?If one part is the wrong one then that can prevent the Krome from being used to its full potential.Can anyone relate to that?

This is the equipment I'm using:
This has been my set up since July 2013 since I bought the DP03.For 8 years before that I had the Tascam 414 MK2 4 track cassette deck/mixer.
These have always worked perfectly.I unplugged the Roland RD700SX piano 2 days ago and put the Krome in its place.The RD is sitting in the music shop on consignment.

As I have limited room,the computer is in the bedroom and the piano equipment is in the lounge room.Never the twain shall meet.

I really need advice.
At least with the Roland it had a printed manual that I kept at the piano at all times.
Thanks.

Denv, you sound like you're pretty experienced with this type of gear, so I'm a little confused/baffled as to why or what doesn't sound right.

I notice in your setup you have:

I don't know anything about the Roland KC350 or what a DP03 digital recorder might be doing in line. As stated by Roger above, try a quality set of headphones first and see what the sound does.

I'd also be curious to know what it sounded like when going directly to a set of quality studio monitors.

What about the sound is wrong? Is it flat, thin, too much low range, too much high-range, distorted?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: