Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG SV1 Won't turn off!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LefterisUR

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: KORG SV1 Won't turn off!! Reply with quote

Guys, it's so bizarre please help me! It won't turn off. What ever I do with the off switch it won't turn off! even when I take the power plug out and in again it just turns on on its own! without me touching the on/off button!!! Please help!
ichi_sama

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have the exact same issue, it won't shut down unless I pull the plug. Is the switch stuck to 'on' internally? It feels solid as a rock, so maybe it's something more complicated with the electrical innards, rather than a mechanical switching issue? Who knows? Not me, it's why I'm asking.

If you (or anybody else) has found a way to power down (and back on) with the switch, I'm all ears. I'm on the EU version with the spring-back power switch (and EU mains electricity).

Thanks
euprojinn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here. The toggle switch is not working all of a sudden, and I have to pull the plug every time to turn if off.
I bought my SV-1 in Germany, and please share your solution if anybody have found one. Thanks.
ichi_sama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I heard back from Korg UK about this and unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a simple diy fix. The only suggestion was to arrange for a return via the merchant and one of the Korg engineers would take a look at it, but this doesn't seem practical to me right now (packaging, international postage etc.) plus it works great otherwise and I'm enjoying playing too much! I've been pulling the plug between sessions for a couple of months now with no other issues. I'll probably send it in for a check up eventually but maybe this can wait until valve replacement time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: