Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kog pa900 os "Objective Portable Operating System"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hforough

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: kog pa900 os "Objective Portable Operating System" Reply with quote

Hello. I am a new user but a long time player. I Have been looking into purchasing a korg pa3x but due to its high cost, I am considering a pa900. I was told they are very similar in functionality but I need to know what does"Objective Portable Operating System" os supposed to mean. The specs for pa3x, pa800 say the os is OPOS but for the pa900 it only says "upgradeble os". how important is this os? I am told if someone creates a smaple/rythem on a p3x, pa900 can also use it. is this correct?

thanks
hamid
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
It is my understanding that Korg intends the Pa3x and the Pa900 to be completely compatible in sharing sounds, styles etc. They each have their own OS and there are some differences in things like the amplification, PCM memory, harmonizer but I have tried both with headphones and can't really pick a difference in the sounds.
Value for money I think you can't go wrong with the Pa900.
With the last OS upgrade to allow iPad/tablet connectivity as well as some new sounds Korg did the Pa900 first and the Pa3x about 2 weeks later.
It has been reported that some styles are stored in different areas so using styles created on the other keyboard might take a little sorting out.
John
hforough

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Reuben. I am very picky about certain things and that may not be very good. So as long as there is no significance from the OS stand point (one saying Objective Portable Operating System and one saying upgradeble OS) when it comes to sharing/playing styles interchangeably, I guess I am ok which you have stated so. So thanks to you.

I have also learned that korg pa900 has a difference power chord which is thiner than the one compared to my current pa80 ( i can use my PC power chord for my pa80) or pa3x. Is there a significance there?

Also does pa900 have a video out like pa3x for lyrics playing?

Overall, do you recommend buying this keyboard?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: kog pa900 os "Objective Portable Operating System&q Reply with quote

hforough wrote:
Hello. I am a new user but a long time player. I Have been looking into purchasing a korg pa3x but due to its high cost, I am considering a pa900. I was told they are very similar in functionality but I need to know what does"Objective Portable Operating System" os supposed to mean. The specs for pa3x, pa800 say the os is OPOS but for the pa900 it only says "upgradeble os". how important is this os? I am told if someone creates a smaple/rythem on a p3x, pa900 can also use it. is this correct?

thanks
hamid

I believe all the Korg Professional Arrangers from the PA1X through the latest PA3x|PA900|PA600 all have OPOS. If you learn to use one of these keyboards you can easily translate that knowledge to any other Korg PA. Some details will vary from machine to machine, but overall the OS is the same.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: