Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Org TR88-sell or not to sell?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlipKnoTCraig133

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Org TR88-sell or not to sell? Reply with quote

I've had a korg tr88 for about 5 yrs, which I got as a floor model at Guitar Center. Recently it broke twice within the course of four months. The first time, the pitch bend joystick didn't respond and the pitch would occasionally get transposed down automatically without me doing anything. One month later, the joystick stopped working again. On top of that, both the sustain pedal and aftertouch would pitch bend notes instead of doing what they normally do.

I took it back to the same repair guy and he told me to sell it before it happens again. Does anyone else have an opinion on what they would do? I'm noticing that some of keys are either making resonant rattling noise while others make a slight creaking sound when pressed gently, which makes me further question whether to make a switch to something new.

If I were to go through with selling it, the two options I was thinking that would be affordable for me were either a keystation 88es for recording and a 61 key kross for taking around live, or just an 88 key kross for both purposes. If I take a keyboard from place to place, would it have less longevity than if I have it stay in one studio, or would that not matter as long as I have a good carrying case for it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: