Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacement Part?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommymandel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Replacement Part? Reply with quote

My X50, which I bought used has developed a problem. The on-off switch stopped working and the socket where you plug in the power adapter (on the back of the synth) got too loose to plug anything in, and when I do, it doesn't make a dependable contact anymore.

What I think I need is that little circuit board with the power switch, the socket and a multipin place to connect the multi-pin plug that links it to the rest of the instrument. I bought a power switch on eBay, which could be 1/2 the fix, but the black little power socket is almost completely detatched from this circuit board now. Well, actually, it is -

I have the unit working by attaching alligator clips to the prongs that remain on it that used to be part of the black power connector socket, and the other end of the alligator clips into a Radio Shack power adaptor. It works fine, but I can't turn it off (unless I try to unsolder the old on-off switch and solder in the new one..) - I'd rather find a completely intact little power circuit board and replace the old messed up one at the multi-pin plug connector.

Does anyone know where I can find such a part? Thanks much. I guess that's what I get for finding such a great 'deal' on eBay! (it worked fine for a while when I got it, but it must have been on its way out. I replaced a broken key too, but that repair was completely successful!)

Thanks for any help. The thing sounds great, it's so light-weight, and has four really useful triple function real-time control knobs on it.
NJkeysman888

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had tp replaces this for a friend of mine. I ordered it from a place called "Parts is Parts". But the link is actually http://www.guitar-parts.com/

800-590-0014 in the U.S. and Canada, or 1-802-365-7257 from any other country

It cost me $59.00 plus shipping.

The part is:
Products on order:
1 x Korg PCB KLM2678, 2679 X50-61, 510C15332678 - $59.95
SKU: 510C15332678 - Location: 304
tommymandel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, NJkeysman. Much Appreciated. I figured the way they posted it, they couldn't get anymore. So I ordered a switch, had a friend solder it in for me. The other part that needs replacement on the board is the DC power-socket. Still have to find a socket that will work with the Radio Shack multi-prong adaptor that I use with the X-50, but hopefully I'll get it done! Otherwise, I will try to order the out of stock board maybe. Thanks again!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: