Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New KORG PA3X Le!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Veren

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Antony

Thanx as we constantly learn.
scottkb2000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: New Korg PA3XLE Reply with quote

http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/pa3x_le/
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to chime in on the chord fingering sub-thread, if any of you get the opportunity, play a BK-9, and set it to the 'PIANO MODE' button. This automatically sets it to piano, full keyboard and turns on the 'Pianist2' mode.

This is a brand new recognition system to Roland. It is similar to Pianostyle mode from earlier models (which was similar to Korg's Fingered3 mode), needing 3 notes for a new chord. But Pianist2 mode adds the wrinkle that IF THE SUSTAIN PEDAL IS DOWN, you now need FIVE notes for a new chord!

This allows you to play quite pianistically, with a lot of arpeggios and passing chord stuff, and the chord recognition doesn't freak out. It is, BY FAR, the best system I've ever tried for chord recognition with the minimum of changing your technique and licks to avoid false chord recognition.

If I were you, I would be all OVER Korg to add this to modern Korg's. It truly changes how you approach getting backing to accompany your regular piano playing. Best of luck! Cool
kgardner53

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.interstatemusic.com/958846-Korg-PA3XLE-61-Key-Pro-Arranger-Workstation-PA3XLE.aspx#
They say, Our Price: $2,799.99
Retail: $4,000.00 | You Save: 30%

Breathe a sigh of relief if you have a PA3X-76key... this is not a next-generation ... LE emphasize L ... it's limited not greater than the PA3X.
PA1X-Pro 2 units acquired in 2004 and became a forum member. Traded these in to get one PA3X-Pro-76 on July 25, 2014. Kurzweil PC88-MX (acq'd. 1995, stored), Korg EC-5 foot pedal switch,Roland DP-10 sustain pedals, Roland PK-5A dynamic MIDI 1 octave 13 pedal organ bass pedalboard, Behringer continuous control expression pedal. Kontact Komplete Ultimate 7, 8, 9, now 10 with Guitar Rig Controller Foot pedal board. Sonar Producer. MIDI controllers: Behringer FCB1010, Akai professional LPK25, M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI controller , M-Audio Axiom 25 MIDI controller. 50+ years musical performance experience, Union Musician, Local 293, Hamilton.
silverdragonsound
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgardner53 wrote:
http://www.interstatemusic.com/958846-Korg-PA3XLE-61-Key-Pro-Arranger-Workstation-PA3XLE.aspx#
They say, Our Price: $2,799.99
Retail: $4,000.00 | You Save: 30%

Breathe a sigh of relief if you have a PA3X-76key... this is not a next-generation ... LE emphasize L ... it's limited not greater than the PA3X.

I was so upset when I saw the price tag of the LE. I thought it was the cheapest option I may have. Then I got lucky! I just a PA3x 76 online for $2400, it was a bstock for a small white paint spot on the bottom. Comes with a full warranty. I am so excited, words can not describe it.
Veren

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

I dont want to think of how the LE 76 is going to affect the resale of our Pa3x...but then again thats no concern for many.....aah well
silverdragonsound
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veren wrote:
Hi All

I dont want to think of how the LE 76 is going to affect the resale of our Pa3x...but then again thats no concern for many.....aah well

Since its a crippled version, the price on the used LE's will go down very quickly. I believe the Pa3X will hold steady between 2600-2800 just like it is now.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="silverdragonsound"]
Veren wrote:

Since its a crippled version, the price on the used LE's will go down very quickly. I believe the Pa3X will hold steady between 2600-2800 just like it is now.

Interesting choice of words, i.e. crippled. One could surmise the opposite and that the price of Pa3x would just as easily suffer with this new option becoming available. I see it as a cost effective way to get into the arranger area with less mental fatigue. Easier learning curve. If I want complicated, I can always turn on my Oasys. Wink

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line is, Korg is giving people more options to choose from. That is a good thing in my opinion. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
silverdragonsound
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do see your point and choices are better indeed, my point of reference was the Triton, then the Triton LE; the M3 and M50. There are more but my point was in these cases, the original holds its value much better than the LE version and the LE versions on the used markets often go for about half of the original.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point noted. One thing that interests me, as primarily a piano player, is the quality of the pianos offered in the LE versus those in the older Pa3x. Anybody have info on that? My original thought was that the LE contains superior pianos than the 300 and 900. This fact, although not verified yet, plus the 76 keys makes it a worthwhile option for my needs. That and the price point make it very much so a considered option.

Veren

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Nitecrawler

from the videos I watched, I do think that the pianos are better.

hopefully someone will clarify.

Thanx
silverdragonsound
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As nitecrawler suggested, lets assume many of us feel the piano sound is better on the LE. Wouldn't it be fairly easy to sample the the new piano sound onto the Pa3X? I imagine they would have compatibility since they are based upon the same engine and machine. I know the actual piano sample is probably different, so sampling it onto the Pa3X should be a solution. If it turns out they used the same piano sample, then we could duplicate it on the Pa3X duplicating the same parameters for the sample.

Its also important to remember sometimes these video demos have added effects to enhance the sound and many different factors could come into play such as sound system, room acoustics, added effects ect.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Silver dragon. It seems both the X and the LE have sampling capabilities. One can surmise tit for tat for either machine. Realistically, the pa3x is a much more comprehensive unit than the LE and that is why it costs more new. What I am excited about is getting involved in the arranger area without braking my bank account. After watching the videos and studying the specs, the LE may just suffice for my needs. Not having to schlep my Oasys to gigs is putting a smile on my face. Just sayin.

Dikikeys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From it's webpage...

Quote:
Based on KORG's sophisticated sound engine, the Pa3X Le provides over 1,100 outstanding sounds, including a new stereo grand piano (with string and damper resonance) and new electric pianos from the acclaimed KORG SV-1 stage piano

So... good news, apparently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: