Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WavesArt Symphonic Strings Suite
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Nedim , your usual irritating attitude , but certainly not in position to bother me !
Nuance control is commonly used as term in Tyros & PaSeries but basically in all VSTi.
From now on , this term will be used by me for Kronos , with just the same result as in PaSeries/Tyros , like Round robin (Guitars)...
I certainly will not explain you my concept though you should had understood as a "sound engineer" , since we're not partners !
The only PaSeries/Tyros Nuance control I can't directly recreate in Kronos is Up/Down legato , but videos can show my alternative ways.

Kronos has many features & controls and "maybe" a smart developer can find ways to overcome sound mode's features lack
weakness , creating another modeling architecture in Kronos HD1 and playing his own game !
So please do not pretend the smart guy , just be one and make useful "injections" instead of messing up my topic !
As far as I remember I never did that on a topic of yours !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony, my point is the term is Deceiving to people. Me and you had a scuffle
about this once before. You always come up with some terms. You are saying
this is how YOU call it but that is plain WRONG, it already has a name by which
people are familiar with.
And no Nuance Control is not commonly used in Tyros or VSTs and even if it is
we can not assign the same thing to Kronos, again, it is Deceiving.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
we can not assign the same thing to Kronos, again, it is Deceiving.
ROFL ROFL Wrong ... Yes we can , those speculations expose your knowledge in modeling ,
but this is your problem , my problem is that you do not have the guts to blame me in public with your ignorance ...
I would not tolerate that ... OK my friend Nedim !!!
Let experts decide what is wrong and who is deceiving !

Discussion with you is over ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am too long on here and too long in the Sound Designing field to argue or
debate with you, especially on the point that is NOT WRONG to deceive
customers with your fancy name, its plain stupid and wrong.
I am one of the EXPERTS you mentioned, please enlighten me how can we
assign and apply those same NON EXISTENT things in Kronos???
So customers can think that your product is programmed on NCC 1701?
As you know of you are THE ONLY ONE here that comes up with tricky and
deceiving names, there is tons of us developers in here but we only use
what the Kronos has, we can not reinvented...unless you reprogrammed
yours, then you have my endorsement for a job at Korg. No hard feelings.

,,i programmed my sounds using Dilithium process on the planet Mintaka''

Nah, Thanks
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too contemptible to discuss with you , you wasting my time , your toys and back to your playland , I said discussion is over mr Expert ...

BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy ok, i am going back to the Delta Quadrant, my Kronos can there do some Sounds in SubSpace.
Danextgen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Danextgen wrote:
Shame about the price.
If this was half the price i would've bought it already. Same with the Guitar Suite.
As is not so much. !

Prices have been accurately estimated according to Korg store stuff.
For instance , in order to get the same contents of Strings Suite (not talking about development level) ,
you have to purchase at least 2 commercial EXs libraries and price will be definitely doubled , if you get my point ...
At the other hand a Ferrari is always a Ferrari , but you can buy any car to do the ordinary Job. Very Happy

Well i find the prices of Korg EX libraries absurd for the most part and in my opinion i think they should even offer some of those libraries for free to Kronos users, especially on areas in wich the keyboard is severely lacking, like orchestral strings or new guitar sounds.
If you compare them to VST's regarding price and quality (and adding the price of the Kronos) it's even more ridiculous.

Of course one only buys if they want to, but i can't help but feel that the top of the line kronos should have come equipped with most of those sounds from factory, namely strings, decent guitars, the extra austrian piano, extra drums etc, and that this libraries act as simple cash cows.

Regarding your sounds, they're probably the best orchestral strings and guitar expansions available for kronos (Irish Sounds and especially K-Sounds guitars are also cool) and you obviously price them how you see fit.

But in my opinion you would gain both much more recognition and profit with a more sensible price, wich would offer more and especially better quality than you rival libraries.

Ps: I thought about sending this as a private message but decided to just write it in here to motivate some discussion.
Also some extra publicity to you ^_^
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danextgen wrote:
I thought about sending this as a private message but decided to just write it in here to motivate some discussion.

+1
Danextgen wrote:
If you compare them to VST's regarding price and quality (and adding the price of the Kronos) it's even more ridiculous.
I'll briefly explain you my point after 10 years of commercial Kontakt scripting :
A Kontakt Vsti is a piece of cake , I just put some (of my 35 TB) samples of any size , just copy and paste my script
of all instrument nuances , Round Robin , legato Up/down script sensors , also determine bidirectional looping and done.
Now think about of doing that on a layered with two OSC/filters of poor sound interface of Kronos !
This had burned my brain to find strategy ways and tricks to do the same and yes I did it as close as ever possible for a workstation !
This job has been proved 10 times more difficult and has the expected cost !

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with comments such as "the Kronos should have come with x, y and/or z." It came with what it came with at a certain price. If the Austrian grand, strings and guitars had been included, the original purchase price would have been higher. And for this who complain that if you buy one sound set, they should be able to be installed on every Kronos you own, if they had been originally included we would have to pay the higher price for every K we buy.

Not every player needs or desires the Austrian Grand. (I actually paid for it on one of my Ks and wish I hadn't. I NEVER use it.) Some players may want better strings and couldn't care less about guitars or vice versa.

Regarding price, let's not forget that the market place for Kronos sounds is relatively small and limited. There are only so many K owners and only so many of those who will ever buy sounds. By contrast, the Kontact market is much larger, simply because it can be used on more widely owned platforms.

Back in the day, I managed a business that was inside a limited access location that charged admission. We had a limited number of customers each day. Our prices were higher than I liked. I lobbied the owner to lower them. But he showed me that if we lowered prices, sales would not increase to make up the difference. Did we lose a few sales because our prices were high? I'm sure we did. But the few sales we lost were a small amount compared to the income from the higher prices.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, Antony, I admire your work and your fine sounds. However, my previous post nor withstanding, I won't purchase them due to the price. While I get and support your pricing decisions, the cost isn't worth it to me as an end user. Economics is a double edged sword. Laughing
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan , I really understand all your remarks and I'll briefly tell you my story as a keyboards customer for the last 10 years !

Regardless of my economic state if could afford that , I had bought every best brand of workstations to fulfill my live needs ,
until new PaSeries & Kronos Age , but still VSTi platform use was inevitable since their Rom sounds always heard like a Joke !
Also my own Kontakt based instruments were designed and scripted with finger controlled switches and not the ordinary damned
key switches I always hated (and my companies didn't gave me ever the chance to develop).
At those years , I could easily pay 10-15K $ to buy any Keyboard or advanced developed device to get rid of all Mac equipments
with DAW that carried with me for my live performances, but never showed up !
No need to mention that I'm not talking about" Triton like" duduk and zurnas , but for highly rated native instruments and orchestras !

So , 2008 comes and I decided to experiment my vision on the first reliable and fully featured sampler in the world with
a decent Ram capability ... that was the Arranger Pa2X Pro ... Cheers Italian team !
The venture was successful beyond any expectation , then applied to the best sampler in keyboards industry , Pa3X and now to Kronos
though HD1 lack , to take advantage of innovating DFD sample reading and use much more and larger samples I own for my VSTi development .
This is the simple story of my creations that were made primary for me and now I just share them after Musicians request !

Thank you for giving me the chance to say a few words about this , and all the rest members for reading !

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching these posts with some curiosity as I felt the Nylon Guitar was outstanding which I might still buy. Sadly I'm not nearly as impressed with the rest. The heavy Electric Guitars are Horrible and sounded like whomever was playing the guitar being sampled has awful tone. This is OFTEN a problem for most guitar libraries. I was hoping I wouldn't have to make my own! Thus I have to wait longer for my right hand to heal and then move forward. An enormous project I hope to find time for.

The strings have impressive articulations and sound very playable. The problem is they really SOUND like samples and have no warmth to many of them. Also the texture between different sections of the library is not consistent. It sounds like a mish mash of different libraries. By contrast, the Karo strings are nice and warm and sound very intimate with a consistent texture throughout. There is no comparison! However playing the Karo demo they really skimped on any attempt at articulations and playability. That and the price has kept me away. They took what should have been ONE library and made it into three (50,51,52) and charged a full library price for each. Between that and for all intents they were converted OASYS libraries where the main work was already done made it downright insulting as a consumer that knows better. It it was one Library at $250 I would have bought it. Looks like I'm better off with the EAST WEST libraries (et al) and just convert them using ESC.

Btw, Basari is RIGHT. Besides Wave Sequencing, SW1/SW2, making use of velocity layers, splits, fun with stereo samples, and perhaps some work with the Vector joystick, there's not much one can do in a program. Maybe locking joystick and the ribbon if you push it! Now if you use Combis you can turn parts on and off, though that can be tricky for some people. Better off just doing splits across different patches grouped appropriately.

Criticisms aside, great work on the Nylon library. I'm hard to impress and that's one of the best I've heard on a HW synth.
Danextgen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
I disagree with comments such as "the Kronos should have come with x, y and/or z."

Well, i'll put it like this, the Kronos shouldn't have come with string, guitar, brass, etc, sounds that are for the most part complete joke on a keyboard of this stature.
The only decent rompler sounds in the Kronos are the Pianos, the EP's and the Organs and for me that is unnaceptable.
They should have remade the rompler part of the library with higher standards and not just reuse the bread and butter part of the Oasys (that was already bad in 2005).
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danextgen wrote:
danmusician wrote:
I disagree with comments such as "the Kronos should have come with x, y and/or z."

Well, i'll put it like this, the Kronos shouldn't have come with string, guitar, brass, etc, sounds that are for the most part complete joke on a keyboard of this stature.
The only decent rompler sounds in the Kronos are the Pianos, the EP's and the Organs and for me that is unnaceptable.
They should have remade the rompler part of the library with higher standards and not just reuse the bread and butter part of the Oasys (that was already bad in 2005).

I understand danmusician's point. Though I agree with Danextgen here. Even in 2005 the ROM was just "Par" as a good hunk of those were recycled from the Trinity/Triton series. The awful guitars and barely passable strings my 2008 Motif XS still bests! I was really hoping to see more development from Korg on the Sound design front because of this. Legendary Strings ARE good, but use to much memory for me to consider...anyway.... staying on topic I love my Kronos and am glad Korg did it but also surprised those sounds didn't get a "bump" as well.
Danextgen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Danextgen wrote:
I thought about sending this as a private message but decided to just write it in here to motivate some discussion.

+1
Danextgen wrote:
I'll briefly explain you my point after 10 years of commercial Kontakt scripting :
A Kontakt Vsti is a piece of cake , I just put some (of my 35 TB) samples of any size , just copy and paste my script
of all instrument nuances , Round Robin , legato Up/down script sensors , also determine bidirectional looping and done.
Now think about of doing that on a layered with two OSC/filters of poor sound interface of Kronos !
This had burned my brain to find strategy ways and tricks to do the same and yes I did it as close as ever possible for a workstation !
This job has been proved 10 times more difficult and has the expected cost !

I mostly agree with all your other points , but remember that I'm a romantic sound developer and profit is the
last thing I care , since I have plenty ways of living !

Thank you for the decent conversation ! I've missed that lately ...

Yeah, you did indeed do a GREAT job with the limited engine, and in my opinion you created the best expansions available for the kronos, on guitars, strings and also brass and vocals.
Actually i have been waiting for them, even wrote a question on one of your videos some time ago, asking precisely how much would the string expansion cost Very Happy

But what i said about the price is really what i think and you could be the one to set the example by having the best expansions at the best price.
But in all honesty part of me is also selfishly wishing for a price drop because i really don't need any more sounds.. but i do sure wanna try them out !! ehehe Very Happy

Anyway, if you love what you do that's great and i hope you do indeed sell a lot, even if you don't care about profit Razz

Keep up the good work man!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: