Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg X 50 plugin editor with logic pro 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salvador Holbox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Korg X 50 plugin editor with logic pro 9 Reply with quote

Hello to all, I new here, I want to use the software x50 editor plugin, in logic pro 9,

when I open logic pro software I can select X50 as plugin in logic pro 9, but I have no sound, I only have sound if I connect the cable to the audio interface,
I need to download or install sound banks on my mac? like any other plugin, or can not be used like this, I would like to use the korg x50 sounds in logic pro, without needing to connect my synthesizer x50

Thank you!!
PAGANOaudio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: X-50 Editor AU Plugin Logic Pro Reply with quote

if you haven't figured it out already....
I had the same issues when I first got my X50 synth

X50
Check your General Midi Channel under global settings
On same menu window de-select local On
Turn OFF Auto Midi Out. Use a USB Cable.

(Assuming you have downloaded the usb drivers and software available from korg.)

Mac
Applications -> Utilities -> Audio MIDI app

Scan your system if your X50 is plugged in and not showing up in the attached MIDI Devices Window
If visible, select to highlight the X50 and then click Test

If you see you X is communicating close out that window

Logic Pro 9
Create a new Proj select soft instrument. Load the AU plugin X-50 Editor
Record Arm your track or input monitoring.

Play a few keys and make some changes in the editor and the x50 should reflect the changes you made.

If no sound still in Logic goto prefs, Audio. enable cord audio on and off and back on. See if that does it.
Good luck.

Anthony
jcg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Salvador,

The X50 Editor plugin does not produce any sound at all. It will control the X50 via USB (send midi notes, program changes, parameter changes, etc.), but the sound will only come out of the X50 itself, so you have to connect it to your audio interface if you want to record/process the X50 sound. Please take a look at page 9 of X50 Plugin Editor manual. Quote: "Unlike typical plug-in instruments, the microX/X50 Plug-In Editor does not produce an audio signal. Your microX/X50 will output audio signals when the microX/X50 Plug-In Editor sends it MIDI messages."

Regards,
Jcg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: