Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI Sysex Tool with Kronos Timbre copy/merge capability

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timg11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: MIDI Sysex Tool with Kronos Timbre copy/merge capability Reply with quote

Updated to V1.6, December 2016. New support for IFX as part of Timbre copy/merge/remap. See bottom of thread.

I have developed this program as a tool for Sysex over many years. I call it SysexFiler because it started out a simple way to capture, send, analyze, and manage Sysex files on disk. It grew as a tool to provide special functions and operations for various synthesizers that are otherwise not easy to accomplish. In addition to being a general purpose SysEx tool, it has a couple of unique functions that might be useful to the Kronos community:
1) Ability to copy and merge Timbres within or between Combis
2) Ability to convert Triton (and compatible) Combis to Kronos Combis.
It does not convert programs - maybe someday I'll be able to add that capability. Just having the Combi converted has been a big time saver, though.
This is unsupported freeware. It was developed and tested on Windows 7 32 bit.
Thanks to michelkeijzers for helping with testing to make it ready for a broader audience.

If you would like to try it (or browse the help files), you can download it from this page.

Last edited by timg11 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
rs.felicio
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to report.

That your app could be installed through Wine (a free tool http://winebottler.kronenberg.org) on MAC OSX ...
I don't have time to test the connection and sync to Kronos, but the installation process was perfect, and will be useful for me.

Thanks!
Rubens

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this very useful application.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
watermelon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that,very interesting Smile
is there a way to create midi machine control messages ?
timg11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watermelon, sorry I never got back to you.

The program does not really support MMC. Since MMC is a form of SysEx, it will receive and list them (like any other SysEx message), and let you save and restore such messages.

You could even enter an MMC message in Hex in the lower right and send it with the "Send SysEx" button.

But it does no interpretation of MMC other than displaying "Universal Sysex Realtime" in the log.
andrewt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!! It'll definitely be helpful to be able to copy timbres in combis. Quick question--I haven't tried it out yet, but does it also copy the IFX assigned to the timbre?
timg11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrewt, Currently IFXs are all copied as a group as the "Non Timbre" part of the Combi. (since there is no fixed relationship to the Timbres).

You can choose to copy all IFXs fully as a group from any source Combi, but it is not able to determine which IFXs slots are used by which Timbre, and attempt to re-map them. There is no "mix and match" or merge capability. As Timbres are copied, they retain their original IFX bus assignment. So everything works well if you are copying or re-arranging within a single Combi. However, Timbres from a imported Combi without the "Non Timbre" data will not have their original effects.

I will look into implementing an IFX merge capability for a future update.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this!
timg11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Update: MIDI Sysex Tool with Timbre copy/merge capability Reply with quote

I have (finally) updated SysexFiler to add the ability to copy and remap IFXs in the Timbre copy/remapping function.

Download and more information here:
http://www.synthify.com/Kronos_SW_dev/index.html#SysexFiler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: