Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maggie Gyllenhaal playing an MS20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
el_hombre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Maggie Gyllenhaal playing an MS20 Reply with quote

We just had our local international film festival here and one of the films I didn't check out was a film called Frank about some oddball eccentric musician in the 80s that always wore a large paper mache head when they performed (not The Residents).
Apparently it has Maggie Gyllenhaal in it as the keyboardist using an MS20 as her main synth.
Call me shallow but if I'd known she was gonna be playing an MS20, that probably would've got me to fork over some cash to watch it.
Always thought she was kinda cute, so watching a cutie playing an MS20 on the big screen is a no brainer for me.

The cast from the movie recently did a live appearance on the Colbert report where she was also rocking an MS20. I'd link it but since I can't get the footage to play, I don't want to link something that doesn't work. Keen to check it out though.
Anyone else seen this yet?
Any cool sounds, playing, etc?
jxxx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hot! thanks for the tip
el_hombre

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, yeah I still need to check it out myself. I Don't appear to be able to watch the clip off the Colbert site, probably because I'm not in the US, I need to check that s**t though.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Maggie Gyllenhaal playing an MS20 Reply with quote

el_hombre wrote:
We just had our local international film festival here and one of the films I didn't check out was a film called Frank about some oddball eccentric musician in the 80s

That must be Frank Sidebottom... jeez, is he still going? Laughing
genshi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Maggie Gyllenhaal playing an MS20 Reply with quote

Broadwave wrote:
el_hombre wrote:
We just had our local international film festival here and one of the films I didn't check out was a film called Frank about some oddball eccentric musician in the 80s

That must be Frank Sidebottom... jeez, is he still going? Laughing

Cool movie. It is loosely inspired by Frank Sidebottom (the movie is written by one of his ex-bandmates) but in this movie he is an eccentric American from Kansas with some "issues" not related to Sidebottom. Same headpiece though! But no puppets... also, the band in the movie actually play (including Maggie.) They rehearsed as a band before they rehearsed their lines as actors. And the drummer is Carla Azar from the band Autolux!

el_hombre wrote:

The cast from the movie recently did a live appearance on the Colbert report where she was also rocking an MS20. I'd link it but since I can't get the footage to play, I don't want to link something that doesn't work.

Well, just because it didn't play for you doesn't mean others can't watch it... worked for me fine! http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/mm5qvn/michael-fassbender----i-love-you-all-

Smile
el_hombre

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, true, it probably works for folk in the US, but I don't live there so couldn't vouch for the link...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: