Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

miku stomp
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: miku stomp Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUhQJ4pT9Kc&list=UU8NbJlNGWx3oNLmQuAYHJbw
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA! I love it!
Wow I can't find anything about it on the Korg US site, the search was just a spinning wheel forever. I hope it isn't a Japan only release! I don't know why but I really like it in the vid. I think it look like a lot of fun.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to try it with a synth.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 1st is long gone, thought it was a joke until...

http://www.korg.com/jp/products/effects/mikustomp

Seems Korg is trying vocaloid tech. Guessing it'll be for Japanese market only.

Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still love it if it is a Japan only release that will a shame. I however understand there may be limited appeal in the States. I will have a friend in Japan price one for me if that is the case! He would bring it back with him on one of his trips back.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even care about what the character Miku is...I just want this Pedal.

It would be an utter shame if this ends up being only for Japan.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
djcactus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few friends that are obsessed with anime, needless to say something like this will have at least one dude buying this for their studio setup. I will try to post a something when one of their pedals hits state side.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder when will Korg get serious again and stop wasting time and money on this worthless toys.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time I completely agree with you, Nedim:
this is complete toy crap, of the "useful gimmick for three days" kind.

Nobody with a brain will find that funny for more than a weak.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miko is (I'm assuming) a reference to Hatsune Miku, which was a huuuuuge hit in Japan. Which is probably why they're only releasing it there. Not worth our time, but at the same time an understandable and probably profitable move for Korg Japan.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, different culture it seems.

JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty funny, you play your life away and not make a dime at it, but some cartoon is a superstar.

What's wrong with America? Other countries seem to be more willing to pay for Art and Entertainment. In the United States there a two type of musicians, the 1% which people pay for and then 99% who can't even get their music played for free.

I am buying a stomp box and moving to Japan.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keyboarders sure take things to serious. This is a guitarists tool, call it a toy if you will, a guitarist into this music will look at it as a nice addition to his pedals for some new sounds, not to be used all the time but for a change of flavor when desired. That is how i look at it as well. No I wouldn't want to play it all the time everyday the same as you guys wouldn't want strapped into on synth one envelope one tone.

Brain dead really. I like it if it comes to the states at a reasonable price I might even buy it and be happy I did.

Korg if these toys make you a butt load of cash you can put back into R&D for some more serious projects keep it up!

Then again you may want to tai what I type with a grain of salt because I am braind ead.

FWIW I am not offered just surprised by the comment. And in my case it may be partially true I have never been accused of being normal, twisted and walking to the beat of a different drummer but nobody knowing who the drummer is, is the normal comments from my friends, literally. Laughing

I did expect better from this lot though.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, Bertotti. I find it silly to sneer at this and call it a toy. You made an excellent point at this being useful to change up your flavor. I showed this to a guitarist buddy of mine who uses lots of pedals. He's by no means into this type of culture, anime, etc. (he is into krautrock, jazz, noise, the type of "serious" music if you will) To my surprise he was extremely interested in this and is planning to import if it doesn't hit other countries. He uses many pedals and effects, and I can see him using this from time to time in his current rig.

The thing is, he is the type of musician who will use this in a completely unconventional and unintended way, and in the process make something sounding dope and fresh. Ultimately these "toys" as you call them provide a fun diversion into trying new things, which is always important for the evolution of music.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad but this might just be the deal breaker for me.
I saw potential with this adding your own lyrics and such but now I am uncertain.

"Although this iPhone app can be used with an English system, MIKU STOMP’s vocal functionality supports only Japanese. While it does not support input of English lyrics, it does support input of “romaji,” the method of using the Latin alphabet to express Japanese. When entering Japanese directly, “hiragana” and “katakana” input are supported."

Funny but word is it has some Yamaha tech inside of it. I wonder how true that is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: