Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie - which algos for Liquid Grooves wavedrum sounds?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmdeman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Newbie - which algos for Liquid Grooves wavedrum sounds? Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

First off, glad to be here, and as I did a bit of reading before I joined I'll do my best to thank/acknowledge anyone who can help me:)

I've just become the proud owner of a Wavedrum Global. I've coveted one since the original came out but never had the right project for it come along until now.

Spent this morning going through all the patches, and so far my impression is that it's good, but not great yet:)
Loving the expressiveness of of the instrument, and it feels like playing an actual instrument rather than just triggering things.

But I'm slightly disappointed by the emphasis on PCM based programs. A lot of them seem to be single samples for different intensities and though there is a layer of expressiveness on top, it can still sound a bit machine-gun like.

The main reason (and this is where my question comes in) for getting this instrument was for the more interesting physical modelling/synthesis type programs, much like the sounds found on Spectrasonics' Liquid Grooves sampling CD (and RMX expansion).

I love those sounds and would like to play some of those; I know some of them are heavily processed (which is what I intend to do myself too), but I'm having a hard time uncovering which algorithms are PM, and which ones are just PCM.
The somewhat archaic programming doesn't help either, but with a bit of time I'm sure I'll get the hang of that.
I'm in the process of going through the manuals.

So, question time:
-is there a list of which algorithms are purely PM/synthesis, much like the original WD?
-does anyone know which sounds they used on Liquid Grooves (long shot, I know)
-can you have programs that are purely PM/synthesis?

Cheers in advance,

Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: