Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's Stephen Kay doing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bacchus:

Yes, I had mentioned the Tyros 5 in my post. But that's only one keyboard model/brand. I'd like to see this feature across a broader range of products, and not only arrangers.

I found those videos hard to wade through. This one was very clear for me (as an English-speaker):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ghE9hVpHE

Starting around 7:26.

As for who can/should do this, it's a MIDI note that is triggered and then "someone" creates a set of instructions to produce sounds. It's fair game who wants to control that task.

Wink

Regards,

Jerry
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

Ojustaboo wrote:
Would a PC VST style (or stand alone) Karma be possible so that we could use it with whatever synth/sw we wanted?

This is really where I feel I have to go next. After I get these projects "off my plate", I'm serious about looking into it. Some kind of "KARMA plug-in".... Although that's a huge investment of time and effort, which is why I've never done it before.

Building the KARMA 3 software to have a one-window design is a big step in this direction I think. No promises and off the record... is there a particular DAW or format you're likely considering? A KARMA.vst would probably be the most compatible format with the widest audience...
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CharlesFerraro wrote:
Building the KARMA 3 software to have a one-window design is a big step in this direction I think.

Yes, it was. Wink I hope that work can carry over....

Quote:
is there a particular DAW or format you're likely considering?

Not yet.

Quote:
A KARMA.vst would probably be the most compatible format with the widest audience...

"Wide" is good. Wink

laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings

Stephen, Jerry "Jazz" K., James etc., long time no see Very Happy So nice to see everyone is still around here, particulary in these crazy times!

Might just throw in a thought here as well.

When it comes to the plugin part Stephen, why not considering a partnership of some sorts with the best of the best?

Perhaps you already did that years ago, I really don't know, but just in case, I would suggest to meet with Eric Persing from Spectrasonics, have some steaks and burgundy, and see whether there might be some mutually beneficial common ground for development.

Just a thought...

All my best
Georg
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen, have you considered raising funds via Kickstarter or some similar place / method?
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so sure it's about money. I think it has more to do with available time!
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laughing_bear wrote:
Greetings

Stephen, Jerry "Jazz" K., James etc., long time no see Very Happy So nice to see everyone is still around here, particulary in these crazy times!

All my best
Georg

Yes, same to you!

Best regards,

Jerry
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: karma plugin oh. Reply with quote

Surprised Karma plugin?. What does it mean karma? like karma will work directly in a DAW standalone or as a bridge for karma keyboards. Is this just an idea for "as if" or for any future multi-timbral keyboard cause if so I'm having my wallet ready been waiting for hearing that . Wink
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: karma plugin oh. Reply with quote

Mr_SamDoogie wrote:
Surprised Karma plugin?. What does it mean karma? like karma will work directly in a DAW standalone or as a bridge for karma keyboards. Is this just an idea for "as if" or for any future multi-timbral keyboard cause if so I'm having my wallet ready been waiting for hearing that . Wink

A KARMA Plug-in would be the actual KARMA engine as a VST (for example), so that you could generate the KARMA phrases independently of any attached hardware, and apply them to any other soft-synth inside your DAW. This is where KARMA needs to go... Smile

SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably redundant advice, but be sure to stay in touch with DAW developers. They will first of all send you test versions of their DAWs for free and secondly, more importantly, not all of them handle complex midi output from VSTs very well. Let alone routing it anywhere you want. There's also the midi plugin format which Cakewalk and Cubase support, but I don't know much about it, it might be too limited.
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: karma plugin oh. Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

A KARMA Plug-in would be the actual KARMA engine as a VST (for example), so that you could generate the KARMA phrases independently of any attached hardware, and apply them to any other soft-synth inside your DAW. This is where KARMA needs to go... Smile

... as we discussed what... 6 years ago? Very Happy now that would be very cool. Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: karma plugin oh. Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

I still own the original Karma keyboard with Moss board, I'd be very happy to see that as a plug-in coupled with the latest version of Karma. Specially with all the expansion boards included. Certainly going to be one of the greatest plug-in ever!
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
djcactus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: karma plugin oh. Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
Mr_SamDoogie wrote:

A KARMA Plug-in would be the actual KARMA engine as a VST (for example), so that you could generate the KARMA phrases independently of any attached hardware, and apply them to any other soft-synth inside your DAW. This is where KARMA needs to go… Smile

Ive been waiting for what feels like an eternity for this to happen. Hopefully you would support Macs AU format Wink

Really though, ive been itching to use Karma on some of my gear and software packages.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: karma plugin oh. Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:
StephenKay wrote:

I still own the original Karma keyboard with Moss board, I'd be very happy to see that as a plug-in coupled with the latest version of Karma. Specially with all the expansion boards included. Certainly going to be one of the greatest plug-in ever!

Well, that's never going to happen - at least not by me. That's Korg's property.

StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: karma plugin oh. Reply with quote

djcactus wrote:
Really though, ive been itching to use Karma on some of my gear and software packages.

But there's nothing to stop you from doing that now - sort of. You can route the output of KARMA from the Kronos into a DAW and apply it to whatever you like. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: