Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sad to report another Oasys touch screen failure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave_r

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Sad to report another Oasys touch screen failure Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Weird one this. I can't complain as I've had the board over 7 years now and it's been trouble - free up to this point.

It was working perfectly one night, then, next day, started up and no response from touch screen. I manually entered the calibration menu but of course there was no response from the top or bottom squares.

I then entered the diagnostic menu and ran the LCD test. Once I got to the screen with the three blue squares it was evident that there was no signal transmission for the Y axis. X axis does respond but not greatly.
(see attached image).

Again it was not possible to complete the calibration process.

At this point I began to dig a little deeper. Being a resistive touch screen it can be simply tested for continuity with a DVM.

Next I very carefully stripped down the screen surround to expose the small junction PCB which is taped to the right hand side of the LCD panel. I unplugged the loom for the digitizer and no surprise, good response on the DVM for the X axis (resistance changes nicely on the DVM when touching the screen), but the Y axis is completely open circuit !! - this appears to correlate with the results of the diagnostic test.

Just to be on the safe side I unplugged the white 4-way ribbon from the SCAN ADC board and checked continuity of that to the junction PCB and all is fine --- so --- I have to conclude that digitizer is 100% toast. Sad

I gather it's a Fujitsu N010-0554-T347 which can still be purchased from 3rd parties. I'm based in the UK I'm going to try Mouser Electronics
http://tinyurl.com/oqo8as2

Unless anyone can suggest a better contact in Europe?

Wish me luck!

Dave.
dave_r

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success! I have replaced the touchscreen with a new Fujitsu N010-0554-T347 and I'm glad to report the Oasys is now as good as new!

Dave.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news!

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: