Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need to transfer styles from my Pa50SD to my Pa900?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manny123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Need to transfer styles from my Pa50SD to my Pa900? Reply with quote

I thought this was going to be easy. I hope someone can help me - I have some really cool styles that I use to sing with, I'm primarily a singer who plays to accompany himself - not good with the 'Tech' stuff - so please, don't judge me too harshly, I got the SD card to make the transfer - but I get a message that if I do what I think I'm supposed to 'It will over-write' (that means erase right?) the styles that I have on the Pa50SD - Whoa!

What's up with that? Am not trying nor want to 'Over-write' anything guys, I just want to transfer the styles that I love to sing along with onto my new Pa900.

Is it possible?

Yours truly,
not good with the 'Tech' stuff
but can cook my ass off
especially Puerto Rican Food

Thanks for any time/effort
you may invest in your response

...if you take the M of of music, You Sick!
My voice is unadorned. I don't try for perfection. I try to be honest and truthful and soulful with the voice I have. If I make mistakes in notes, or there are cracks in notes, I don't fix them. That's the way it is." Neil Diamond"
phatt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are factory styles then I believe you have to write/copy them into user banks 1,2 or 3 before you can transfer them to the SD card.

Assuming you already have some styles in user banks you wish to keep,,
so save those onto SD card first,, then copy the other factory styles you wish to transfer across to the user banks then dump them onto SD card.
After that is done just copy the original user banks back into the pa50.

From there I'm of no help as I don't have a pa 900.
Phil.
Manny123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: thanks for the response, wish others could be as empathetic Reply with quote

Hey, thanks a lot for trying to help me. Just a couple of things - these are styles that I spent hours on the internet trying to find, they are in the 'World 1' and 'User 1' banks of the Pa50SD.

I tried following the instructions as per the manual, but I got a disturbing message saying I was about to 'Overwrite' all of the styles and that scared the s**t out of me, and I just wasn't prepared to lose all those styles that I had spent hours looking for, and then more hours downloading and then loading and well, you get the picture.

Your advice would be much more helpful, if you could be waaay more specific and detailed. And also if you broke it down into steps. Also, you don't mention it but what about that 'Overwrite' prompt'? Should I ignore it? Should I just go ahead and copy it? I've already tried to copy the styles that I'm referring to onto my SD card from the 'User 1' bank - and I get the scary 'Overwrite' message.

Thanks a lot buddy,
appreciate your trying to help
Manny
My voice is unadorned. I don't try for perfection. I try to be honest and truthful and soulful with the voice I have. If I make mistakes in notes, or there are cracks in notes, I don't fix them. That's the way it is." Neil Diamond"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA80 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: