Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg is making the upgrade from K to K2 impossible
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
enigmahack wrote:
danatkorg wrote:

As others have noted, there are two different tunings provided in the Piano Types. Stretch-tuned Piano Types typically have an "s" suffix; these are the un-corrected tunings from the original piano, accurately reflecting the piano tech's tuning. Notes on these Piano Types will *certainly* be out of tune with equal temperament - that's the way that pianos are tuned! Those without an "s" suffix are tuned to equal temperament.

I didn't realize about the S suffix suggesting the stretch tuning.

Once again though, that's not at all a problem for me. It's that the piano that was sampled had a couple of notes that were actually out of tune. I don't mean the whole stretch of keys, but a specific key was tuned poorly and then sampled.

But, only the "s" Piano Types will represent the original tuning.

What notes, specifically, concern you?

I'm not at my board, but off of the top of my head I think it was A7 that was the most obvious to me. I remember there was a lower note too but I don't remember at the moment.
Ottawa58

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Sampling Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
In theory yes. It would be a massive amount of work though, not to mention one of questionable ethics. And you have no access to SGX2 so you'd have to rebuild what you could of any SGX2 piano you'd try to copy. And reset any loop points in loop based samples.

Thanks! The reason I asked, is that it could possibly be a solution for a musician that wants to buy a new K2, and only has a few samples they want to bring from their old machine's EX library to their new machine in order to be able to cover their current set lists. To do a whole library would be s ton of work. I assumed the new K2 would have the pianos etc. I don't think there are ethical issues if the person didn't sell them or share them with others. Say gor example, just a couple of their favorite guitars from the old EX to the new? Or a couple of brass instruments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: