Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning Kronos owners insults kill
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harpernet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Warning Kronos owners insults kill Reply with quote

There was a guy name Joe that went to my high school he was a great musician I would always say after listening to his music this guys gonna be big one day because his music was awesome Joe didn't have that rockstar look & when he spoke some people would tease/insult him because of his speech he end up killing his self I think about how great this guy was & how great he would have been today hell he probably would have been here on this forum so please guys stop with the insults because sometimes they can be deadly
LivePsy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any forum is the shortest path between your view and someone crushing it. On top of that, the Korg Forums are mostly fans. While this is great and supportive, it may not be so great if you don't like a design decision. Add to that the self-entitlement that years of forum posting earns you. Its a risky business posting. Wink

B
Harpernet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not liking A design decision has nothing to do with insulting people who post concerns of there kronos or who have questions/answers info about the kronos as far as someone getting upset about there keyboard not working like it should or whatever problems they may have is no reason to personally insult that person this is & should only be about the kronos
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insults are rude and unnecessary. But in the music world, or any form of public art, be prepared for the worst at times. But as long as you are sincere, that's all that matters.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg Kronos is not an instrument for doing DIY, not for saying philosophical discourses, it is just an instrument for Music. And it is already not so bad nowadays Very Happy

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there really a need for all this negative talk? I mean from both sides (if there were such).

why not concentrate on making music and getting the best of your instrument?

Kronos 88 - Korg M50 61 - Morphwiz - Alchemy synth
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this post belongs in the 'New Members Zone' or "Off Topics'

Moderators?

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpernet makes a very good point. We should all be very thankful that we here are fortunate enough to have the money to afford the best music workstation on the planet and should be concentrating on it's strengths and not be wasting our time insulting our fellow musicians.

I do however think it is very good to discuss aspects of the Kronos that we feel could be improved upon.

I also think that those who decide to spend a lot of their time complaining about "how crappy" the Kronos is and have nothing positive to say when there really is nothing out there made by anybody anywhere that can come remotely close to to the Kronos should be taken out back and....

Well, i'm sure you get the idea.

If you have a Kronos, make music!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a basic thought but needs saying more often......

People may not see eye to eye or may not even remember what one says.......but they will always remember how one makes one feel.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpernet,

You make a valid point and I always say to people to read back your posts before you hit the submit button and imagine that someone were saying this to you. How would it make you feel?

And most of all, don't say things that you wouldn't say to a persons face.

That being said, if you think that anyone is being inappropriate or personally attacking someone then please do let one of the mods know and we will address the situation if need be.

I'm moving this thread to the off topic section as it doesn't relate to the Kronos but feel free to continue the discussion (amicably of course) over there.

Pep
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be insulting, but it's not intended to be...

I'm an old fart. I think people (men especially) need to grow some hair on them and act like a man. People made fun of someone and he offed himself? Boo-friggin'-hoo. I have a good friend, a retired psychologist, who to this day calls suicide a" a permanent answer to a temporary problem."

Grow up, be a man, (or woman) and realize that "sticks and stones can break my bones, but names will never hurt me."

It's a very tough world out there, and without a little armor, you're going to get wounded. Everyone does. And the crux of it is not how badly you were hurt, but how strongly you recovered from it.

..Joe
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on Joe. I do feel bad someone has to go to the lengths of suicide but the sad truth is if words caused that then there were far bigger issues in his life and a doctor was definitely needed.
Our schools in the states are big into preventing bullying and that is good but people have to learn to look out for themselves. What was the old saying
Sticks and Stones may break your bones but words can never hurt you.

I was the smallest kid in school and you know that means you take a lot of crap, you grow a pair and learn to take it and when needed fight back.

God Bless your friend may he be at peace now!
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Gerardi wrote:
It's a very tough world out there, and without a little armor, you're going to get wounded. Everyone does. And the crux of it is not how badly you were hurt, but how strongly you recovered from it.

It would be nice to think that - you're referring to life experience and character building of an average human - however not everyone is born equal. Not everyone has the same physical or mental abillities or a support structure to start with and these can act as brick wall barriers to realise such natural accomplishments. Everyone has a different physical limit. It should be about maximising what people can achieve and their quality of life. Admittedly it's harder to accurately assess people on the internet when all you see is a name and a few posts.

I'll also add that, if the original post is entirely legit, I'm absolutely disgusted with your 'offed' comment.
DaniH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Gerardi wrote:

Grow up, be a man, (or woman) and realize that "sticks and stones can break my bones, but names will never hurt me."

Easier said than done. Depression is very serious and can take you to a very dark place that is hard to escape. People struggle all the time and for a long time trying to get around it.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find I'm tending to side with Joe on this one but I must say I'm sad for your friend. I've suffered form depression on and off for many years and have even been very close to suicidal but I always manged to come around and realize that no matter how bad life gets, I'm better than that.

As an "old fart" myself, I too think that people need to toughen up. Life is harsh and it takes no prisoners.

Nowadays, I'm trying to live by my self written motto, "It's far better to be homicidal than suicidal"!
Not that I want to hurt anybody.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: