Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

External control of Chauvet Obey 40 DMX Controller. Hlelp?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LZ wrote:
That's what I'm not sure about. When you have internal parts, that will prevent messages from getting to the internal part.....but I don't know if it filters it from being transmitted on the out. Hopefully somebody who knows for sure can chime in.

I don't know, but that's where monitoring with something like MIDIOX (as I suggested above) will remove all the guess work Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
LZ
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
LZ wrote:
That's what I'm not sure about. When you have internal parts, that will prevent messages from getting to the internal part.....but I don't know if it filters it from being transmitted on the out. Hopefully somebody who knows for sure can chime in.

I don't know, but that's where monitoring with something like MIDIOX (as I suggested above) will remove all the guess work Smile

Agreed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks. Tried MIDIOX. This is what I got:

The other channels list below but Channel 15 seems to be disabled. The only other weird data was song select and song position pointer but those don't have a midi channel association, and thus they also shouldn't be involved right? When I sit in MIDI Event Edit mode and am rolling the wheel to change notes ut those messages don't involve song selection.

I did just have a weird breakthrough I think however. I did a step sequencer move where I just entered the note for 4 measures straight and it may be that the Chauvet just won't listen to the first measure. In 3 separate song creations, the change will fire accurately in measure 2 but no earlier. Geez, what should be simple right....?

EDIT: It's just flat out intermittent in behavior. What was working is now 50% or so. I just need to get another Chauvet Controller to test. If I were a gambling man, I'd bet this has a MIDI wire loose.

I did learn about MIDIOX though, and for that alone, this thread was very valuable. Thanks everyone.
Phinnin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at a loss. I've eliminated everything I can imagine. Tried a buddies Obey 40, different cords, various velocities, eliminating everything on MIDI-OX except note on data.

Still running 50-70% accuracy max.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'd say try a different controller if you can. I am doing what you are doing using DMXIS without any glitches, and some of my DMX changes are every beat

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
rxfiel2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I connected and old Technics KN200 to the Obey 40 and it worked flawlessly. The Kronos Channel-1 MIDI signal makes the Obey 40 jump around through chases and scenes, as well as the Obey 40 doesn't always respond to a note. Has to be something with the MIDI output of the Kronos, but I can't find a way to make it simple. Comparing Kronos MIDI channel one and Technics MIDI channel one outputs in MIDIOX now. Even if I find the difference, I still have to figure out how to make them the same. Gotta figure this out quick for the next show! We don't use set lists.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try going to GLOBAL mode on the MIDI/MIDI page and disable sending (System) Exclusive data. In fact try disabling all of them and see if that works. Then if not, just try bank change and program change only. I'm guessing that the DMX device only wants note data, not anything else.

Don't forget to save the changes (shortcut: REC/WRITE button) once you've figured it out so the Kronos will remember it next time it's turned on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: