Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg RK100-S Keytar: ribbon controller question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanbu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Korg RK100-S Keytar: ribbon controller question Reply with quote

hey there, i've got a question about the rk100-s keytar.

i use mine as a midi controller only, to play virtual instruments in ableton live. i thought it might be fun to use the short ribbon controller to control some ableton devices like filter cutoff or fx dry/wet and stuff. so i did some midi mappings

normally, if you manipulate a sound with the ribbon controller and then let go of it, the sound automatically goes back to its "original" state. BUT then something really cool happened: when i touched the ribbon controller and let go of it, the sound remained just like it was when i last touched the controller and it did NOT automatically go back to the "original" state whenever i let go of the controller (so i could in fact use it like an expression pedal, which was really cool and, in fact, a lot more useful to me than standard behavior).

the problem is: after restarting ableton and the rk100-s, i couldn't reproduce that behavior. i tried everything but it just won't work a second time. Does anyone have a clue why it did this / how i can achieve it again??
hanbu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in case anyone is interested (i doubt it though Very Happy Very Happy ):

i found the solution. you have to connect the keytar to your computer, open the editor, open one of the sounds and switch "lock" to "on" in the short ribbon settings.

-> with this preset, the keytar will remember the position on the ribbon.
darkgoob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly there does not seem to be a way to do this with the long ribbon controller, just with the short ribbon controller. Correct me if I'm wrong…!
slynk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would resurrect this ancient forum post to add my own ribbon controller question, except I'm using the RK-100S 2.

I just got my keytar in the mail today so I haven't played with it much yet but I did notice that the ribbon controllers are sticky. As in, it's hard to slide my finger up and down.

Does anyone know a way to give these ribbon controllers a more slippery action? Baby powder or something? LOL

I feel like, if my hands sweat a little bit during a performance, I'm not going to be able to slide my finger around on these ribbons at all.

Maybe it's just brand new and they all feel sticky to start with. I dunno.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Virtual Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: