Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG M3/M50 64-bit Editor Librarian?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KorgPlayer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:26 am    Post subject: KORG M3/M50 64-bit Editor Librarian? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm considering buying a Korg M3 or M50 for a specific project.

However, the VST editor found on the Korg website only shows the 32-bit version. As such therefore it is not possible to use it in a modern DAW sequencer.

Has anyone succeeded in solving that problem? I know that it can be used as a standalone, but I need to implement it in my working environment.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 64-bit versions of Soundquest's MIDI Quest, and both the M3 and M50 feature in the list of supported instrument modules in MIDI Quest 12 Beta version. It's worth contacting Soundquest about the suitability of their software.

https://squest.com/Products/MidiQuest12/

KorgPlayer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
There are 64-bit versions of Soundquest's MIDI Quest, and both the M3 and M50 feature in the list of supported instrument modules in MIDI Quest 12 Beta version. It's worth contacting Soundquest about the suitability of their software.

https://squest.com/Products/MidiQuest12/

Thanks for your input, I'm aware of that software. Unfortunately, they seem to have abandoned MIDI Quest (no current development?) as the GUI looks stuck in the '90s. It is literally impossible to get any work done using its preset manager in particular (waaaaay too small fonts!) unless you are sitting 10cm from the computer monitor.

On the other hand, the MIDI Quest version I tried has an impressive array of features.

I'm considering using the jBridge for the M50 VST plugin editor. I would love to hear if anyone actually succeeds jBridging its editor.

My workflow is such that I depend on saving a large amount of preset data back and forth. One of the main reasons I was considering the M3/M50 was just the Korg in-house built editor & librarian.

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: