Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMX2 and voices per part

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meggul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: EMX2 and voices per part Reply with quote

I've read that the EMX2 has 4 voices per part and 24 max. Does this mean I could set up up 4 oscillators on the same part?
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Oscillators per part! That would be awesome...but not here.

Basically you get maximum of 4 notes per part for polyphony...basically you can play a 4 note chords per oscillator per part.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
meggul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again SMK.

So I guess that the complex wave forms I've heard on some demo are multiple oscillators set on different parts? Or is there some other way get some complex waves going on?
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meggul wrote:
Thanks again SMK.

So I guess that the complex wave forms I've heard on some demo are multiple oscillators set on different parts? Or is there some other way get some complex waves going on?

Some of the oscillator types are detuned pairs, ring mods, supersaws, syncs, x-mod waves, VPM - those complex waves are in there, and you can play 4-note chords with them.

But if you chose complex waves AND play chords with them on multiple parts, you may run out of DSP power and end up with cut-off notes.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certain effects will eat into the number of voices you can use too, long delays and such.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're on the subject, has anybody found that some filter types are more taxing than others?

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Frenzies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did some testing on the max notes and its a touch confusing.

if you turn all filters off and try to get a simple saw wave to cut off it takes about 10, 11 or 12 other simultaneous parts (i was using a hi hat hit). Start adding filters and it takes this number down a bit, but not by 1 part per filter. I got the note to cut off with 12 hi hats all filtered but had to remove 6 filters to get it back, or mute 1 part. The complexity of the wave effects this, both in the shape and type and IFX applied seems to allow more voices if using Punch than anything else but this again seems to vary dependent on the oscillator you are effecting. it doesn't seem to mater if the IFX is applied or not, it still makes a difference.
Changing the filter type does make a difference, MS20, MG and P5 filters cut off the sound when the rest don't.
There are so many variables at work here it's very hard to get a definitive answer.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: