Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thomas Dolby "Science" Dr. Magnus Pyke samples
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hand solo wrote:
i have the Science .wav files but not sure how to include in this post.

is there a hidden "Add Attachment" i am missing? drop and drag?

I have them as well...clipped them out of a presentation he gave at Sweetwater's gearfest.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
hand solo wrote:
i have the Science .wav files but not sure how to include in this post.

is there a hidden "Add Attachment" i am missing? drop and drag?

I have them as well...clipped them out of a presentation he gave at Sweetwater's gearfest.

Could you post them someplace or email them to me? I'd love to get all samples sets and assemble the best set possible.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put the archive on DropBox and make it public so it can be downloaded. Thanks.

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
dwsiddall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's been 5 years since the last post, but I am very interested in the files that were mentioned in the last few posts.

I am hoping they can be shared. DropBox was suggested and was a great idea. If I get these, I will make sure they are available for anyone who wants them.

-Daniel
"Retro 80s Guy"
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally resurrecting a dead and buried post. Hear me out...

So, I'm putting together a new band and decided to re-pursue this one. If you guys can be patient I think I can come up with a better sample set. YewToob has a bunch of Magnus Pyke videos I can pull audio from and I found another demo video from Mr. Dolby himself I can get another couple of samples from.

If someone is looking for a complete clean set of SBMWS samples, until Mr. Dolby himself releases them we won't see it (and I have it on good authority it's not very likely). But if you're looking to capture the feel of the song, we can nail it. Even Dolby himself is using non-Pyke samples when he plays it live now for some variety. If you wanted to be different you could use a new and updated sample set from Sheldon Cooper or Bill Nye (not a real scientist) or Neil deGrasse Tyson. Celebrities will read stuff for very little cash. I'm sure there's a scientists in that list somewhere.

ANYWAY, so the goal at this point is to get as much authentic samples as we can cobble together and add so many Pyke samples you can choose which you'd like to use in the song.

Any help is always appreciated.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: