Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korgpatches.com can't access site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulysses

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Korgpatches.com can't access site Reply with quote

Howdy. I hope to have a "lightly used" Microstation arriving soon. I've read that there might be a few interesting patches/combis available on the korgpatches.com website. I cannot seem to access that site. Anyone else having problems with this? I'm running current Firefox (and have tried Internet Explorer as well) and either the page "times out" or "cannot be displayed". I have no problems accessing (pretty much) any other web page I look for. Just wondering if there is another route to the site. Cheers.
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Website is still accessible maybe it's browser issue's from you're side be sure to update you're browser or try another one. Or check if anti-virus is preventing access or any anti-spam program I've marked some website once and could also not access them.

Congrats on you're purchase Very Happy

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
M-Prod

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's down. How can this be?? Was it moved?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing with the internet. Websites are ethereal things. If someone doesn't pay for the hosting server, then it disappears from "view" because all the things the webhosting company needs to do to keep it visible cease to be done. The DNS records (that link www.korgpatches.com to the server's IP address) don't get updated, so those lapse across the DNS server network, the user account gets closed, the files are deleted, and the IP address gets reallocated.

When Jimmy Wales periodically asks for donations to keep Wikipedia going, he's trying to stop the above from happening. OK, so Wikipedia's data traffic volume is much, much higher than korgpatches.com's ever was, so they also have a sizeable bill to keep the content distribution network of servers going, but the principle is the same.

There was mention somewhere of korpatches.com expiring in 2014, so the poster who could still see the content in 2015 may just have been fortunate enough to have a cached local copy on their machine.

The same is true of Korgforums. This wonderful resouce will just disappear one day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: