Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PBS TRI FLASH ROM BANK PROBLEM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: PBS TRI FLASH ROM BANK PROBLEM Reply with quote

Hi hopefully someone can help,

I've Installed a PBS TRI in my Trinity running v2.2 and when trying to load a PCM using Floppy disks it keeps freezing after getting about 4 or 5 disks in depending on the PCM.

Each time it seems on Global P6 that BANK's 1,2,3 are being filled with samples as normal however Bank 4 doesn't change and shows 2097 bytes free. Even if I try and load one file following the freeze by restarting the trinity nothing will else load in.

I have tried different Floppy's, Pcm file's, Checking Scram and the flash rom is seated properly. (Note that no errors show up when using enter + 5).

Also I've initialised the scram using Enter+0.

Is it possible that the PBS TRI Flash ROM Bank 4 is Faultly?
Is there a remedy to this?

Cheers
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to load a multisample set when there are multisamples already in the FlashROM?

Usually PCM sets are so large you have to delete all the multisamples that are already in Flash before loading a new set. (Global > P6 > drop-down menu arrow > delete all multi/drumsamples).

Unsure whether you've done this.

Some of the official Korg PCM sets are also 1:2 compressed meaning the file sizes on the floppy disks are not indicative of the space they actually take up on the FlashROM itself.

I'm unsure what you mean by SCRAM. There's the 8mb PBS Flash ROM that contains the extra multisamples for the PBS, and there's the standard Trinity RAM that contains the Program/Combi/Global settings and parameters.
80salife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean bank A B C and D?

Because they doesn't depend on the samples

Or you mean PCG File...

Little bit confusing...

If you can't choose bank D try to reinstall PBS Tri or open Trinity and look for the contacts

Live:
Korg KRONOS, Triton Extreme 88, Korg Trinity V3, Roland Integra, Yamaha TG 500, Korg DS-8, CME UF 88, MOTU Timepiece II,
Studio:
Samson Resolve, Rhode NT1, Ultimate Stands, Korg Legacy Collection,KARMA KRONOS, Extreme Sample Converter, Native Kontakt Piano Collection, OPX Pro II,Native Instruments GuitarPlugs, Wave Gold
slink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being unclear

I did delete all the multisamples before starting.

By Scram I mean I checked the two chips that you install at the the same time as the PBS TRI. (So I have checked the contacts)

I dont mean A,B,C,D Banks these work fine, I was talking about the Banks shown on Global P6 that show the free memory left in the PBS TRI

So I was loading the Dance waves and Drums PCM starting from the ALL INST file, but it wont load all the files as it freeze's at a particular file each time on the 4th floppy disk.
I tried another PCM Orchestral using different floppies but again it froze and I noticed that each time it was when the files would have been loaded into Bank4 of the free memory shown on Global P6.
80salife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puh strange...

I only know that mistake when the sample memory is full...

In this moment I cant use my trinity because of breaking floppy...

I dont remember of "slots" 1,2,3,4 on Global 6 ...

When I replaced my floppy I'll be back Wink

Live:
Korg KRONOS, Triton Extreme 88, Korg Trinity V3, Roland Integra, Yamaha TG 500, Korg DS-8, CME UF 88, MOTU Timepiece II,
Studio:
Samson Resolve, Rhode NT1, Ultimate Stands, Korg Legacy Collection,KARMA KRONOS, Extreme Sample Converter, Native Kontakt Piano Collection, OPX Pro II,Native Instruments GuitarPlugs, Wave Gold
slink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my thinking was the rather than the 'Trinity RAM' being the problem as pcg files load in fine it is maybe in fact a sector of the '8mb PBS Flash ROM' that is faulty,

this as multisample's seem to load fine up until the point where they begin to load into bank4 of the FlashRom and then the trinity just freezes midway through loading a KSF file and wont load any more KSF files following that.

This when clearly it shows Bank4 to have 2097.144bytes free and 88/100 multisamples free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: