Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Options on Oasys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ITguy54

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Options on Oasys Reply with quote

I have the opportunity to get an Oasys. Trouble is, they don't know what options are in it. How does one tell? I'm interested in the following options: EXs-2 grand piano, LAC-1 models of the Polysix and MS20 synths, and MOD-7 VPM synth. I would appreciate any help.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Options display on the screen at power up. You want to see this:

You can also go to the GLOBAL Plug Ins' page:

www.korguser.net (click"OASYS" on upper left screen) provides links and downloads to all the options. If you are getting a used OASYS, it really helps if the original owner "transfers ownership" to you, allowing use of all the links, etc.

If the OASYS hasn't been registered, you can sign up. Get the ID number from the Plug Ins page, in the GLOBAL section of the OASYS.

Options depend on Operating System, as the synth engines are built into each OS. You want OS 1.3.3 (this displays at power up). You may see other OS numbers. Features are as follows:

OS 1.0

HD-1 (rompler/wavestation)
ROM (approx 300 megs)
EXs1 (expansion ROM)
EXs2 (500 meg piano)
CX-3 organ
AL-1 VA analogue synth

OS 1.1

STR-1 (plucked string physical modeller)

OS 1.2

LAC-1 (PolySix and MS-20 synths.) **Requires Authorization number (free from korguser.net)

OS 1.3

MOD-7 (FM synth) **Requires Authorization number
EXs3 (Brass/Woodwinds sample library) **Requires Authorization number (download it from korguser.net)

The physical options are the DI: Digital Interface board and a second gigabyte of RAM. Definitely get the RAM chip, if 2 gigs aren't already installed. Otherwise, you can't load all EXs banks at once, though you can pick and choose. Sizes are:

ROM 314 megs
EXs1 284 megs
EXs2 464 megs
EXs3 709 megs

Korguser.net also has a lot of .PCG sound files. My favorite being the EXi Expansion Sounds set. This contains both Combis and Programs, which are all used in the Kronos. The main difference between Kronos and OASYS factory programs (aside from Kronos' acoustic/electric pianos) is this sound set.

Very important:

Make sure the 8 Restore Discs are included. I've run into multiple people who have bought a used OASYS, but don't have these discs. There should be 4 OS 1.0 discs, for the event where you need a new hard drive. There are also 4 OS 1.1 discs. Once 1.1 is installed, all OS versions can update from this point, for example 1.3.3 can update straight from 1.1.

ITguy54

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much.
mikedaas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Korg Oasys need help !! Reply with quote

Hi, and excuse me for me english,
I seach this copy of ths OS 1.1 system.
I have a Oasys Korg 76 and i'm under 1.0.2 OS
To Suscrib to korg users.net i need this cd to install it and find my Id public.
Have you this CD and can you help me ?

Many Thanks

Nicolas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: