Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sold one, missed it so much, I bought another. I'm back!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew FM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: Sold one, missed it so much, I bought another. I'm back! Reply with quote

I bought Oasys 88 serial# 000714 at guitar center in Southfield, MI in 2006. I had to sell it due to divorce. So, due to having a new loving and supportive woman, I bought Oasys 88 serial# 000641 from a woman on selling it on Ebay, who originally bought hers at the same Guitar Center just a few months before me! Local pick-up, small world. We had a blast talking about having the same salesman and how awesome the Oasys is. She had big dreams, but hardly played it. There is not a scratch to be found, nor did she ever register, or update it from OS 1.0.1. It is as new out of the box. It was fun reading all the post from some old and new folks here and getting the beast up to current standards. (thanks for the help!)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi again to Sharp, Dan, Stephen Kay, all the Korg team and all the helpful people on this site.

P.S. yes, the Oasys is even more awesome than I remember it! ALL FREE EXis!!!!! Very Happy
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome, Drew! Even though I have a Kronos, I can't fathom selling the OASYS. It is just so immediate - easy to see, etc. I had a guitarist come over the other day and we did some extensive recording on it. He was blown away by the quality.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Sold one, missed it so much, I bought another. I'm back! Reply with quote

Drew FM wrote:
Anyway, just wanted to say hi again to Sharp, Dan, Stephen Kay, all the Korg team and all the helpful people on this site.

Cool! Very Happy Welcome back! I admit to not checking the OASYS section as much as I should, but we're all still here.

Yeah - I love my OASYS. I only get to work with my keyboards mainly when doing programming for them, so since I've been working on the OASYS version of our new sound set Catalyst Vol. 2 (which will soon be available), I've had the OASYS fired up for the last few weeks and fell in love with it again. There's just something about that larger screen, sitting upright at an angle (even if the resolution is smaller than the Kronos), the integrated 8 pads, and the heavy-duty hardware and LEDs around the knobs/sliders - ya just gotta love it. Smile

jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I agree, the big O is still the centrepiece of my studio, even though Kronos is nearby, and there's a heap of other things in the box...

jg::
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: