Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA900 FW1.2 - Songbook problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Csaker1904

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: PA900 FW1.2 - Songbook problem? Reply with quote

Hi there,
I am new in PA900, so maybe you can help me with this. I have upgraded my PA900 from v.1.01 to 1.2. Everything went well.
I choose a style, and change the tracks (change the instruments), and then I store it into the songbook (holding down the Songbook button), add a new song name. When I come back later to this stored song, the style is ok, but the tracks are different, depends on, what I have played last time. So it doesn't store the instruments in the songs. If I switch on the keyboard and choose whatever from the songbook, the style is ok but always the default instruments (piano, strings ...) are in the tracks. Could you advise, please, what I am doing wrong? Thanks a lot!
Snorkum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all you need to make sure that the boxes, in GLOBAL>MODE PREFERENCES>MEDIA are check off. This will protect the styles from being changed.
However, they way I do it and it works great for me, I copy the style into a Favorite or User location, change what I need to change and use the changed style in the new location in my songbook. Never had any problems and it works great. Because if I should change anything down the road, no headache and it is easy.
By the way you have a ton of Favorite and User locations to choose from.

Hope this helps.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorkum wrote:
First of all you need to make sure that the boxes, in GLOBAL>MODE PREFERENCES>MEDIA are check off. This will protect the styles from being changed.
However, they way I do it and it works great for me, I copy the style into a Favorite or User location, change what I need to change and use the changed style in the new location in my songbook. Never had any problems and it works great. Because if I should change anything down the road, no headache and it is easy.
By the way you have a ton of Favorite and User locations to choose from.

Hope this helps.

+1 Favorite works well for me as well.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Csaker1904

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your answer, I'll try it out soon!
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my 'Favorite' slots are filled with modified/edited Factory Styles, some to fit specific songs ... Some Favorite banks are renamed and dedicated to certain styles, i.e. Latin, Christmas, Swing, Ballads, etc.
Csaker1904

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

so I have tried exactly the way you have described.
1. In GLOBAL>MODE PREFERENCES>MEDIA checked off all possibilities.
2. Copied a style to the FAV/User -> Exit back for making changes (tracks). I put a guitar on the 1st track.
3. Stored into the Songbook
4. Repeated with an other song (to compare, how it will change)
5. Same result: I choose my 1st or 2nd stored song, the style is changed, the track(s) stays the same. It means if I change the instruments in the 1st track and then I go to the other song (2nd), it is still playing the instrument which was set before. It seems to me it doesn't want to remember the track settings. Maybe SW problem, or I am too dummy ... Sad
Any idea? (I have tried also "Write current style setting", so success)
Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: