Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modifying/Creating Styles PA50SD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenortim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Modifying/Creating Styles PA50SD Reply with quote

Right now, the only way I've found to do this is:
Open the STY. file in KAT2000, and convert element to a MIDI.
Open the MIDI in Cakewalk Sonar and make the changes and save.
Open the modified MIDI in Kat2000 and covert it back to a pa80 STY file.
Of course Kat2000 is very querky and doesn't properly convert the Midi file back to STY most of the time.

There has to be a better simpler way to modify and create sty files. Anyone else doing this a better way?
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Style creation Reply with quote

Hi I'm trying also to create styles using external software.

I think with the pa50/80 being older keyboard everything has to be created externally.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Style creation Reply with quote

Hi I'm trying also to create styles using external software.

I think with the pa50/80 being older keyboard everything has to be created externally.
phatt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are all in the same situation even with a reasonable grasp of midi and how it works styles are a constant dilemma as it's a lot more complex than just a synth edit.

I believe the future of auto accompaniment will be something like this.

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/torn-sub-updates-callisto-advanced-arranger-module-and-releases-a-standalone-version-28508
Video Demo down the bottom
The KVR website is obviously long gone hopefully others may know more about that.

I'm still bemused by the fact that the Auto Acc concept has not been done on a dedicated computer interface as it would make life so much easier.

I loved that little program that came with Sound blaster (Rythumania) it gave many hours of fun and inspired a few ideas, sadly it does not work on later windows. I was expecting a software revolution of Auto Acc programs to quickly follow but it's never happened. All we got was many versions of Band in a box which of course is useless for realtime music.
Jammer did have a an Auto Acc software package called Jammer Live which worked ok but I think you had to buy all the styles.

As to the pa50SD I just find something close and then alter some elements, i.e. change the drum kit.
One painful limitation of pa50 is that you can't reset the tempo of an existing style.

I will eventually get into the deeper parts of the style functions and see if I can write some 7/8 time styles,, as I'm a big fan of Yanni's music.
Phil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA80 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: