Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg microARRANGER HELP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peoplesmachine

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Korg microARRANGER HELP? Reply with quote

I do not understand the manuals at all they make little sense and nothing seems to work right on this board. Here is my problem, I want to save a complete setup for live performances, when I change the backing band programs, and the tempo, and the programs for example a piano to an powerchord sound how do you save the entire setup?
I have an SD card it has been formatted and the write protect is off, I have hit the write card in use button but the menu makes no sense having you save over some letter and numbers but I can not find these anywhere on the board under user styles or programs. There has to be a clear easy way to do this, I have owned a Yamaha PSR-3000 a few years ago and it was simple as can be, this microARRANGER makes no sense...and DO NOT QUOTE THE MANUAL the manual is garbage and does not tell you how to do this.
Can someone help me, I do not want to have to write down my settings each time in a notebook, I just want to press a button and load up a song for a live setting.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Korg microARRANGER HELP? Reply with quote

peoplesmachine wrote:
I do not understand the manuals .. I have owned a Yamaha PSR-3000 a few years ago and it was simple as can be..

when you find the right sound press Write button to save track configuration into a performance. select the performance location in memory, change its name, press enter to confirm "are your sure?" and exit to abort.

maybe it is easier with psr3000 where you had no possibilities to change hundred of parameters in edit-tools but only some simple presets to save.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
peoplesmachine

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, then where can I find the performance bank, I saved it under perf. N:11-1stereo grand. Where is N:11-1 at on the board. How do you load it up. I need it to once saved to save not only the style and accomp. But also the sounds I am using as well, I want to see my song name and be able to load and everything is there.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: how to select a performance Reply with quote

peoplesmachine wrote:
.. I do not understand the manuals ... and DO NOT QUOTE THE MANUAL the manual is garbage and does not tell you how to do this.

On page 12 of your Manual you find positions 42, 43, 44 and declarations how to push buttons to select programs and performances.

If you saved a performance "11-1" push button 42 to get performances, next push first button of 44 until lower led is on to be able to select lower row of performances, now push button 1 (as upper row is bank 1 to 10, lower row is bank 11 to 20 of performances).

And if you think no one should QUOTE THE MANUAL, as you think it is garbage and does not tell you how to do this, i think you never will understand how to use an instrument that offers more than some few buttons as you experienced with a simplier psr-keyboard.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
peoplesmachine

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Well I appreciate your help but page 12 is the front panel page, you meant to say say page 17 of the owners manual is where you find this information. The manual is written in a much more conservative approach and while generally useful it is written in a such a way that it doesn't give you the exact information.
Most manuals state information for example: Press X button and then hit OK or something to that effect. It doesn't just come right out say for example: If you want to save your parameters do the following: A press Write, B next choose the location, C next press ok to save, D to load your settings then press X button and your settings will load. The PSR-3000 is a auto arranger that allowed you to completely customize your settings as the micro arranger does the difference is accessibility, everything you saved on that board saved to the USER section of said board, it never allowed you to over write over the factory setups unless you wanted it to.
It always default to the user setting under it's PERFORMANCE mode that way you pressed the PSR's performance button and then press the button that said user and there was your setup for individual live, or studio recording.
It's the interface of said board that was more user friendly, I do not want to take four steps or five steps just to save some simple settings for live performance and have to figure out where everything is saved on the board that's all. I do appreciate your help though because I have owned Korg M70, Krome, Roland Ax-Synth, Yamaha Motif, MO-6, PSRE43, PSR 3000, PSR 550, many boards over the years. The micro arranger sounds great but it's interface is a little archaic than what I am accustomed to.
Never the less I do find the manuals to be way to conservative and not 100% direct in its direction to do specific things. I found that true of any keyboard manual I have had. Thanks again for the clarification.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Manual, write performance Reply with quote

peoplesmachine wrote:
.. sounds great but it's interface is a little archaic than what I am accustomed to. Never the less I do find the manuals to be way to conservative and not 100% direct in its direction to do specific things. I found that true of any keyboard manual I have had.

.. i think so too, but once you found how to use, it is handy. Therefore i recommend manual to use even if it is not sympathetic for you..

On page 12 you will find the panel with numbered controls - on the following pages of the manual you will find the explanation of these numbered controls.

For example button numbered with 25 is "Write/Card in use". Press this button and you get a display to select “Perf No.” (kind of oject), select a Performance-location in memory, press ENTER to save the settings in memory, press Enter again to confirm message "Are you sure?" or press EXIT to abort.

I think this is a handy way to save one of 160 possible performances - similar and same handy way write STS or Styles with WRITE (25).

In cases of write-protection (factory-style-protect, card-write-protect etc) or overwriting existing file with same name, you will get a message first to remove protection, to rename your file or to overwrite without renaming - that is also handy to prevent of loosing data.
If you want to figure out where everything is saved, you can see the original bank where your Style, Performance or Program came from if you just keep the SHIFT button pressed, and press the lefmost button of the STYLE or PROGRAM/PERFORMANCE section. After a message window will appear, showing the name of the original bank, release the SHIFT button to exit this window.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: