Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microarranger Pads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeOR

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: microarranger Pads Reply with quote

I programmed the Pads on my MA to increment and decrement Performances. It works fine, except when I access individual STS options the Pads just return Performance 1-1.
Is there a workaround or is this a glitch in the o/s?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: microarranger Pads Reply with quote

MikeOR wrote:
I programmed the Pads on my MA to increment and decrement Performances. It works fine, except when I access individual STS options the Pads just return Performance 1-1.
Is there a workaround or is this a glitch in the o/s?

Using an STS means using a performance-data of style-settings (or Songbook-settings in Pa500/800 etc) outside the memorized table of performance-banks. the pointer to selectable performances with up-/down-functions is broken by selection of STSs, so pointer of down-funtion is set to last performance and pointer of up-function is set to first performance of performance-memory.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
MikeOR

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help No 7. It's a pity that it won't work though.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Performance up/down interruption by STS Reply with quote

MikeOR wrote:
It's a pity that it won't work though.

Interruption of up-/down-function by STS is reversible in most Pa-Keyboards, maybe also with your MA, but i can not test this, because i do not own one.

Try following: while using up-/down-function interrupted by one ore some STS-functions, to contiunue press the leftmost button (once or twice) that prepare for selection of the upper or lower row of Program or Performance banks (upper/lower LED on/off). Now pointer for up-/down-function should be refreshed to previous/last-used performance (if it acts like other Pa-models?).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
MikeOR

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't work on a MA. When I tried it, whatever I do, the Down Pad goes directly to Performance. 11.1, while the Up Pad goes directly to Performance 1.1. Never mind, it was worth a try - it's not too much to do the Up/Down Performances manually in this case. Thanks for your help.
MikeOR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another way to get some variation without upsetting the Perf Up/Down Pad settings:
Add Program Up/Down settings to Pads 3 & 4. You can now access different Voices (Programs) and still use Pads 1&2 to move up and down Perfs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: