Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

vosyr - the free volca sample manager
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frederiksonlabs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: vosyr - the free volca sample manager Reply with quote

Made a free little desktop tool for managing and organizing samples and sequences of the volca sample including step programmable parameters, patterns and motion data.
It uses the free volca sample SDK from Korg to transfer the samples and sequences to the volca sample via its SYNC IN port.

http://www.frederikson-labs.com

Hope you find it useful!
sharksfin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks brilliant!

can it run on earlier versions of osx? like 10.7.5?
Kazoo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, looks really good mate, nice work. Any plans for mobile?

Download speed from your website is pretty slow though so I can't comment on using the app yet Wink

EDIT: Hmm, scratch that, it actually fails downloading every time (Win7 version)
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to try twice but it worked....can't wait to try this out! Looks fantastic!

Thank you very much for this!
darenager

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fantastic, hope to d/l and try this soon. The UI and look of it are first class going by the screenshots, well done!
frederiksonlabs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feedback.

@sharksfin:
There are no plans to make a mobile version at the moment, maybe in the future... Wink
10.7: Sorry, unfortunately no, 10.7 ist not supported. It's build for 10.8+, because it uses some APIs of Mac OSX that were not available in 10.7.

@Kazoo:
I know the download is a bit slow, but it should work (just tested it). please try it again.
Kazoo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederiksonlabs wrote:

@Kazoo:
I know the download is a bit slow, but it should work (just tested it). please try it again.

Just tried again 10 times, all failed after 25-30% downloaded.
I tried on both Chrome and Internet Explorer 11. I'm in Australia if you think that makes a difference...
chris1a

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloads fine here. This looks absolutely brilliant! Thank you for doing this one, will prolly help avoiding a few headaches down the road as well. Smile
Kazoo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, indeed. I finally got it to download.

Very nice, congrats.
palsen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: vosyr - the free volca sample manager Reply with quote

frederiksonlabs wrote:
Made a free little desktop tool for managing and organizing samples and sequences of the volca sample including step programmable parameters, patterns and motion data.
It uses the free volca sample SDK from Korg to transfer the samples and sequences to the volca sample via its SYNC IN port.

Hope you find it useful!

Good job man! Nice to have another option, and nice that it’s free, but vosyr lacks of the same stuff as many of the other sample managers do. My wishlist for vosyr:

- Add auto-conversion to 31250 Hz 16-bit WAV from e.g. 44100 Hz 24-bit AIF.
- In addition to the amount of the total memory being used, display calculated information (size and length) of each sample.
- Emulate playback of the volca sample sequencer to preview patterns on a computer.
- Add transfer of selectable factory samples and sequences, like one or more, not just a full-blown transfer all function.
frederiksonlabs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kazoo wrote:
frederiksonlabs wrote:

@Kazoo:

Just tried again 10 times, all failed after 25-30% downloaded.
I tried on both Chrome and Internet Explorer 11. I'm in Australia if you think that makes a difference...

sorry, for the download problems.
i changed the download server.
it should work better now!
frederiksonlabs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: vosyr - the free volca sample manager Reply with quote

palsen wrote:
frederiksonlabs wrote:

Hope you find it useful!

Good job man! Nice to have another option, and nice that it’s free, but vosyr lacks of the same stuff as many of the other sample managers do. My wishlist for vosyr:

- In addition to the amount of the total memory being used, display calculated information (size and length) of each sample.
- Emulate playback of the volca sample sequencer to preview patterns on a computer.
- Add transfer of selectable factory samples and sequences, like one or more, not just a full-blown transfer all function.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I am currently working on new features and enhancements for vosyr.
The sample conversion and the pattern preview are already at the top of my list for future updates.

Stay tuned!
chris1a

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: vosyr - the free volca sample manager Reply with quote

frederiksonlabs wrote:
palsen wrote:
frederiksonlabs wrote:

Hope you find it useful!

Thanks for your suggestions.

I am currently working on new features and enhancements for vosyr.
The sample conversion and the pattern preview are already at the top of my list for future updates.

Stay tuned!

I was going to plaster the obligatory Futurama Take my money!! pic, but it's free. Anyway, that's awesome to hear. Also gotta say the UI is beautiful, goes very well together with the Sample. Wink
Rudy Schmidt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: WOW THANKS!!!!! Reply with quote

This looks awesome!!! Just downloaded it - no problem. Looking forward to giving it a go~!!

** UPDATE: just used it to manage / transfer my samples = FANTASTIC!!

THANK YOU!!!

I LOVE this if only for the ease of sample management. Interface is great!! I haven't even tried any of the other even more promising features!
HappyTed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty cool, but am I right in saying you cannot back up your sequences from the Volca Sample to vosyr, only create them in vosyr and transfer to Volca Sample?

If this is the case you REALLY need a way to audition sequences inside vosyr

Would also like a way to record new samples inside vosyr, plus do some basic editing (trim, normalise etc.)

One other thing, I think I've found a bug with motion sequencing. Can't seem to set the value in vosyr for step 9.

Also, when transferred sequences not all of the data is passed through. For example for P2, neither the motion data on/off setting or any motion data seems to get passed through to the Volca Sample.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: