Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

vosyr - the free volca sample manager
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
circuitghost

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bleeding amazing. Great work!

Is is technically possible for the Volca Sample to transmit data back to an application of any kind? I'm thinking about storing sequences. It's the only major drawback for me, that eventually I need to delete stuff to free up room for my ever blossoming creativity that knows no boundaries, or at least these boundaries exist beyond ten patterns.

But is it doable? Is it something you're looking at? Shifting patterns from the VS to your app would make it the very App of Apps., the Jewel of the AppCrown if you will.

Though it's pretty amazing as it is.

And reminds me slightly of Elektron's new visual take, as well, actually. Like an Overbridge light thing, but with more elegance to the interface.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks great! Would be awesome if you were into the Electribe 2 and Electribe Sampler 2

We really need an all-in-one for our new tribes!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
volcahelper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, this is amazing! Thanks for putting this together, looks really fun and useful!
cereyanlimusiki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news about further development ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just downloaded this before even buying my volca sample... it would actually be awesome if someone made a pattern preview as a desktop app (or mobile) it would pretty much be a software version of the volca....

Id love to be able to test out the sample in an emulator mode before actually buying it, because i still can't decide if it's something worth getting and actually has something decent to offer or if its just a novelty toy.
orionb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FxKM-ekpv4
frederiksonlabs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hej volca sample owners,

sorry for the long silence. i had a lot of work to do in the last months, but i also worked on vosyr and i'm excited to announce the release of vosyr v2 with a bunch of new features.

the best new feature, in my opinion, is the preview sequencer. with the preview sequencer you can listen to the sequences directly in vosyr and change all parameters in realtime. i tried to recreate the sound of the volca sample. it's not 100% perfect, but i think it's enough to get an idea of what a sequence will sound like on the real machine.

i also added the support for WAV and AIFF files with 8/16/24/32 Bit bit depth. if you add them to vosyr, they will be automatically converted to volca samples bit depth and sampling frequency.

for a complete list of all new features and changes see the release notes: http://www.frederikson-labs.com/products/vosyr/release-notes

download: http://www.frederikson-labs.com/#download

i hope you'll like it.

have fun!
OIP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WAV and AIFF files with 8/16/24/32 Bit bit depth will be automatically converted to volca samples bit depth and sampling frequency, if you add it to a sample slot.

hot damn, this is awesome.

fantastic work, thankyou! look forward to checking it out
Proppa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@frederiksonlabs Thank You !
gizmoismogwai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only did you just make my Volca Sample much more useful but your app is also incredibly fun to use on the computer. You brought the Volca workflow to my desktop which is something I've always wanted. If you added reverb, effects, and a pattern chaining mode you basically have the Volca in digital form.

This would make an amazing iOS app. And it would also be an amazing VST. Bravo, seriously. This is some game changing stuff.
xr1st

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank Sten Friedrich for this fantastic software
I am very disappointed by korg... Selling a high price for their apps... while home users create this software essential and free.

Thanks man!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i had downloaded this when it was just posted here on the forums but i had never used it as i mostly spent my time doing stuff with the built in samples. every now and then id use my ipad to add one or 2 samples directly in it through caustic editor.

cut to today. new comp project popped up so decided to make the entire track on a sample. (going for a classic french sampling house style) so decided to use vosyr. and didnt even think of checking for an update... but once i started importing samples and realized you can't put in mp3s i decided to check out the site only to find v2.1 with a heaploads of new features!

so this long text is just a massive THANK YOU for this awesome program! seriously! also the fact that you can preview the patterns now is awesome! i haven't downlaoded the new update yet ut just reading the release notes got me all excited!
Lt. Rice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Software works great! Just annoying how fast the Volca fills up. It seems anything above 30KB is too much. Really been trying to work it out well, but most of my samples convert to 60KB or 120KB. :/ Any suggestions?
spirit68

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lt. Rice wrote:
Software works great! Just annoying how fast the Volca fills up. It seems anything above 30KB is too much. Really been trying to work it out well, but most of my samples convert to 60KB or 120KB. :/ Any suggestions?

I pitch my longer (vocal) samples up 2 octaves with audacity before i upload them. then shift+speed them down 24 half steps for replay.
This way quality will go down, but your ram usage also.
hztirf

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visited the homepage today, and two days ago a new version of vosyr has been released (see vosyr forums).

Direct download link: http://www.frederikson-labs.com/products/vosyr/download/?file=vosyr_installer_v2.5.0.zip

Changelog for 2.5.0:

- Added semitone mode to the speed parameter encoder and speed motion data editor.
- Added swing to the preview sequencer.
- Added reverb to the preview sequencer.
- Added numbers and value display to motion steps and reorganized them into groups for better usability.
- Added motion data link feature for step programmable parameters that have start and end values.
- Added the ability to add multiple samples with a file dialog window.
- All rotary encoders, like the whole gui, are resizable now.
- Minor GUI and style improvements.
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Fixed minor bugs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: